Hi!

I just got a new amp, and I want to record some riffs to my PC. I can do it just fine through my RP250 USB out and using Audacity. However, I want to record it using some of the effects that came on my new amp. There is no sound being transferred through the RP250 when it is in bypass mode, thus I can't record. Going straight-thru from the amp is quite crappy, as there is a butt load of latency to where it makes playing crappy.

Is there any way I can bypass the RP250 but still record through its USB interface?

I'm using a Spider IV 75.

Thanks!
Last edited by coltwanger at Dec 30, 2009,
Turn off all of the effects on the RP250?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I'm an idiot. I figured Bypass meant no effects... Yes, turning down off all amp modeling and effects from a single preset worked fine. Thanks!
Actually, now I'm getting a clean sound being recorded through Audacity, not with the effect from the amp.
Quote by coltwanger
Actually, now I'm getting a clean sound being recorded through Audacity, not with the effect from the amp.

Make sure that your setup is correct. Ive done this through the RP250 without any hassle before
Machine F**king Head \m/
I'm pretty sure it's correct. Guitar into the RP250, RP250 into the AMP, and USB from the RP250 to PC. I don't want to be recording with the effects from the RP250, I want to be recording the effects I am getting out of my amp itself. I can record fine with the RP250 presets, but I am trying to bypass them. sw1ss got me on the right track, but turning down all of the settings/effects leaves me with the audible distortion from the amp, but the signal being recorded is clean (because the effects on the unit are turned to zero).

I'm just trying to find a way to record from my amp without having to buy another piece of equipment :P
that wont work.
Try Guitar into Amp, Amp into RP250 (through the recording/out) and Rp250 on the preset with no amp modeling or effect. then run the RP250 through the usb to the computer. Should work perfectly.
Quote by coltwanger
I'm pretty sure it's correct. Guitar into the RP250, RP250 into the AMP, and USB from the RP250 to PC. I don't want to be recording with the effects from the RP250, I want to be recording the effects I am getting out of my amp itself. I can record fine with the RP250 presets, but I am trying to bypass them. sw1ss got me on the right track, but turning down all of the settings/effects leaves me with the audible distortion from the amp, but the signal being recorded is clean (because the effects on the unit are turned to zero).

I'm just trying to find a way to record from my amp without having to buy another piece of equipment :P

Err, your amp is last in the signal chain, and you're recording from an RP250 which is before your amp in the loop - meaning the signal goes from your RP250 to your PC without going through the amp. Duh.
Quote by aliakber
that wont work.
Try Guitar into Amp, Amp into RP250 (through the recording/out) and Rp250 on the preset with no amp modeling or effect. then run the RP250 through the usb to the computer. Should work perfectly.

Bingo! That did work perfectly. Thanks for your help!