Page 1 of 3
After name dropping this band a few times, I have decided to go ahead and make a thread for them.

Really solid death metal from Montreal. If you ever have the chance to see them live do it, they put on one of the best performances I've witnessed.
Their newest album, The Omnipresent Curse was my favourite of 2009 and is their best release to date.
I recommend the song Transcending is 20 minutes and features Luc Lemay of Gorguts.
http://www.myspace.com/vengeful1

Discuss.

Edit: I actually had to order the cd to get it, so if you need a download link send me a PM.
Last edited by Annihilator666 at Dec 29, 2009,
Lemay? I'm excited to hear this shit now
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
So I gave this shit a listen last night. Really sweet stuff, I like it very much. brutal and technical, yet still unique and shit. Good stuff for sure.

Sumdeus
I could name off a dozen great montreal local bands ranging from motorheadish punk to brutalized death metal and even a couple black metal bands.

God I love this city...now if we could just do something about the French...
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
i like it alot actually, reminds me of cannibal corpse
Like David Gilmour?

Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Vox VT15
Alvarez Acoustic
Dunlop Jazz III Picks
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Take your pants off and swing your wiener around in circles.
Omnipresent Curse is incredible.

Has anyone heard Karma? Is it any good?

Sumdeus
Still can't get over how amazing Transcending is. Goddamn this band is good. Any news on new material coming?

Sumdeus
really liked the omnipresent curse thought it was a class album

montreal really does have such a good metal scene
Quote by k1ng_pooh

Hear hear!!

Heard of these guys, quite good
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Update from Jean-Marie:

Greetings.

We're still around. We have been hard at work the last few months completing what's to become our third album which as promised will be a double album.....get ready for a lethal dose. We don't have a title for it yet but some of the songs that will appear on it are: Delusional, Malice, Decay and Distant Exit. The latter being a track similar to Transcending.......let's not say more for now. Studio time is booked with Chris Donaldson (Cryptopsy, The Last Felony, Neuraxis) starting on November 15th. He will once again be recording the drum tracks this time performed by Phil (Truesdell) who is definitely prepared to deliver the goods and put the record straight on being our real drummer. If everything goes according to plan (that rarely happens) we intend to be done with the album in March and then we start looking for a label to help distribute it as soon as possible.

On the performing front, our last concert of the year will be our annual "headlining show". It will take place at Il Motore on saturday November 13th. We'll be sharing the stage with the youngsters in Salvation and Towards Darkness who will close the hostilities. Come prepared... all bands on the bill intend to take no prisoners and we (Vengeful) have a few surprises in store for you.

On the global metal front, our thoughts are with Nergal (Behemoth). It would be terrible to lose "yet another" influencial musician this year.

Musical suggestions for this fall: Neurosis (Live at Roadburn 2007), Opeth (In Live Concert At The Royal Albert Hall), Down (Diary of mad band) for nightime zoning. Beneath the Massacre (Marée Noire) for the daily grind.

"J"

A double album? With another song like Transcending? Fuck yes.
Sounds delightful.

Sumdeus
In other news, there's now an official tab over at RoG (in the submissions, anyway).
Last edited by webbtje at Oct 3, 2010,
And apparently the dude got the tab straight from Jean-Marie!

Sumdeus
Wow they play in a weird ass tuning

Sumdeus
Some updates for you guys:

November 17th:
So here we are after 2 days of recording: Phil is firing on all cylinders and we just completed the 8th song, we resume recording on the 18th to hopefully be done with capturing drum
performances. Decay, Consumed, Malice are amongst the finished tracks, we're entering the painful phase with the longer songs next session. Even though this is hard work we're enjoying every second of it. Chris is working his magic and we're actually laughing (just like in the TOC sessions) in the studio. Let's not have too much fun and make a dark record now shall we....

November 20:
We finished recording drums on November 20th as planned, Mr. Donaldson (Cryptopsy, Beneath the Massacre) is currently editing the tracks. We recorded some extra songs this time around including one Morbid Angel and a Crowbar cover song to match the two sides to our next album. Other songs that were recorded are: Still, Consumed and Skinned.... As we said before expect a lengthy release. Guitar tracking starts next week, we're trying to wrap things up before "the ****ing holiday season"....let's not get started on this subject. Then we'll be left with the sweet stuff like acoustic guitars, percussions, guitar solos and the part where we get to scream.

We're still waiting for the footage from the Towards Darkness/Vengeful/Salvation, as soon as we get it we'll post something from it, we really had a good time and we wanted to share it with you out there.

And they're recording 22 tracks in total because as previously mentioned, this release is going to be a double album.
Awesome, forsure gonna be one of 2011's best

Sumdeus
Quote by k1ng_pooh
I could name off a dozen great montreal local bands ranging from motorheadish punk to brutalized death metal and even a couple black metal bands.

Amen, brother
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Studio update from last month:
Hey everyone,

Spring is supposedly here and so are we so we thought we should let those of you who were wondering what's happening with the new album. The recording is almost complete. All that's left to do is record the guitar solos, the bass and all the acoustic instruments (12 string, perc etc.....). We've also re-amped 2 of the songs so we can mix and send them to some labels to find a distribution deal. It might take awhile because this will be a double disc (as you probably already know) but we are confident that this album should be made available to as many extreme metal fans as possible. The material is solid. We are eager for you to hear it and let us know what you think, even though that might be a good 4-5 months away. We're shoothing for an end of summer/beginning of the fall release date. We're thinking of releasing a song or two in a couple of months to tie some of you over. Our good buddy Martin Lacroix (Tempted by nightmares, TOC, Humanoid) is handing us the painting that will become the album cover next week, this promises to be sick once again!!!

An old collaborator of ours (Fred Maheux) will be working on a video for the up coming album and he will also be putting together some footage from the studio sessions. What more to say..........be patient......we promise it'll be rewarded
awesome

Sumdeus
I'm glad that bands like this and Nader Sadek are keeping the flame alive for the newer brutal/tech death style, were pretty much every band who used to do well in the genre have degenerated into crap.
I liked the sample more even though it's from the same song LOL I find little point in judging without the context of the rest of the album though, so let's wait and see. Wait, this is a double album right? That's insane.
oh **** this is gonna be good.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Here's an update (Oct. 17) to whet your appetites:

Quote by V3 TITLE AND TRACKLISTING REVEALED
Greetings!!!

We're finally back with some news on the album. The name of the monster is "Vengeful". It's comprised of two parts. Face A being "Towards Obliteration" and Face B bearing the name "Leaping through the void". The first one features our high-speed/face-melting side and the later leans on the slower/moodier approach heard on older songs such as: Counterfeit Deity or Transcending. We have set November 29th as the release date for the album. The tracklisting is as follows:

Towards Obliteration

Decay
Abyss
Consumed
Skinned
Delirium
Pernicious
Delusional

Leaping through the void

Visions
Still
Malice
Distant
Exit

Even though we recorded 2 cover songs during these sessions, they will not appear on the album. They will both be available for streaming sometime in November but they'll appear on a future release. More on that later..... An alternate version of the song "Pernicious" will surface on From Coast to Coast: Death Metal Edition a compilation that features exclusively canadian bands on October 18th via www.metalmadeincanada.ca

The wait is almost over...................
Page 1 of 3