He was in the Birthday Party with Nick Cave and he also had an incredible solo career. He only released two albums.

He was an amazingly talented man, one of Australia's best guitarists and songwriters, a leading poet. He was terribly underrated and was worshipped in underground circles.

I knew he was terminally ill but I can't believe he passed away. Devastated, I was going to see him live last night but It was cancelled due to illness.

I can't believe this. My friend met him a while ago and he was a incredibly honest and humble man.

I know most of you probably haven't heard of him but R.I.P.
Didn't he release an album not long ago?
I never really did get into his kind of sound,but I know he had something to do with magic dirt.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
Didn't he release an album not long ago?
I never really did get into his kind of sound,but I know he had something to do with magic dirt.

he just released Pop Crimes, another great album.

He influenced a lot of bands, magic dirt being one of them.

here's a press release http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/music/legendary-guitarist-loses-cancer-battle/2009/12/30/1261982332384.html
Whats with all the dead musicianss this year? Im expecting someone to die right before the new year tbh
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
I just heard about this through Triple J, I'm listening to some Birthday Party/Nick Cave stuff in his honour now

On another note, guitarist for Rose Tattoo (HUGE influence on Guns N Roses), Mick Cocks, also died recently, another great Australian musician that died too soon
Quote by tyler_j
I just heard about this through Triple J, I'm listening to some Birthday Party/Nick Cave stuff in his honour now

On another note, guitarist for Rose Tattoo (HUGE influence on Guns N Roses), Mick Cocks, also died recently, another great Australian musician that died too soon

So many deaths recently.

Rowland was more special for me then Jay Bennett (even though I love Wilco and his work with them) which is why I made a thread for him. They all have my respects.
When are the popstars gonna start droppin like flies?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I read that as Russel Howard...
I wondered how he had died

I didn't know who he was but RIP never the less
I'll look him up
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.