You can look at my gear in my sig. I was just wondering if getting new pickups would make my sound better, taking into account that I have a modeling amp. I'm not really on a budget, whatever does the job best. Is it better to get a new guitar or just get new pickups for my SG? Oh and I play pretty much everything, but mostly classic rock, punk, and some metal. Nothing crazy that warrants using EMG's though lol. Any help is appreciated.
"When in doubt, listen to the Beatles."

Gear;
Peavey Valveking 112
Epiphone SG Standard w/ SD Pearly Gates bridge
honestly if you are not on any kind of budget, I would get a new amp and new guitar first.
What is it about your tone that you don't like?

With your current amp a pickup swap won't do too much - if you're really that unhappy with your tone you may be better off buying a better amp.
i agree with a pick up swap, but do that after you get a better amp. stock epi pick ups on the lower models are blah. i took the stock pick ups out of my g-400 and ut the stock pick ups from my gibson V in the SG. not nearly as muddy and the neck pick up is actually worth using now. amp should be first priority if youre not happy with your tone. then work on the guitar from there.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Alright, that makes sense. So which amps should I be looking into? Keep in mind I'm in my bedroom pretty much and I don't want to have to crank the amp to have a good sound.
"When in doubt, listen to the Beatles."

Gear;
Peavey Valveking 112
Epiphone SG Standard w/ SD Pearly Gates bridge
A lot depends on where you are and what you want to spend and what future plans you have. Blackstar HT-5 is popular or the Vox AC4. But for small gigging as well, its hard to beat the Hayden MoFo with a 1x12 cab as it switches between 30w and 5w. Not sure if they can be had outside UK yet though.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

It's worth having a look at the Orange tiny terror or the Vox nightrain for small tube amp heads. Both are great.
Epi Explorer
Gibson SG special
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange 1x12 Cab
Korg pitchblack
Boss DD-5 delay
MXR 90 phaser
MXR Blue Box
Boss BD-2
Zak Wylde OD
LPB-1 Booster

Music is the source of happiness
Quote by miniscat
It's worth having a look at the Orange tiny terror or the Vox nightrain for a small tube amp head. It is great.

Fix'd