It sounds like they took traditional middle-eastern music and ran it through a pitch-shifter.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Nope... at least i hope not... this thing is sooo wierd, but i spose so are the mars volta, these guys are just from arabia or something. thats actually pretty close to not being music, just noise.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Sheikh to the Future? It just sounds like normal arab semi-folk stuff... just horribly mixed and vocals doubled with some crap effect.

I'll stick with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLcB1pozNsQ

Edit: The sound of feces being passed passed through a vocoder and a recycled hiphop beat under it sounds better than brokeNCYDE.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by Fraydawg
Nope... at least i hope not... this thing is sooo wierd, but i spose so are the mars volta, these guys are just from arabia or something. thats actually pretty close to not being music, just noise.

haha I'm listening to Frances the Mute at the moment. Waiting for it to end so i can listen to this arabian musical madness everyone is talking about
I fail to see how anyone could consider this the "future of music." Maybe I'm just ignorant. Probably not, though.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
haha I'm listening to Frances the Mute at the moment. Waiting for it to end so i can listen to this arabian musical madness everyone is talking about

Stick with Volta dude.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Quote by sxymnky777
I fail to see how anyone could consider this the "future of music." Maybe I'm just ignorant. Probably not, though.

They clearly titled it that as a gimmick. Some dudes were messing with a pitch shifter, they put in some middle-eastern music and thought it sounded weird, so they titled it the future of music to get everyone to watch their video.

That's what I think happened, anyway.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Fraydawg
Stick with Volta dude.

Gotta stick with the Volta and I still haven't listened to the future yet.....it's so hard to pause Frances or De-Loused halfway through
Kinda scared the shit out of me because my speakers were up way too loud.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
This is sh!t.
Quote by GArrigan
that sir was done with class

Hear the wind
whispering your name
twice the encouragement
of the real you
Maybe they're just really, really bad at recording music.
Call me Matthew.
It's not the future of music, it's just a bit of really badly written and terribly executed drum and bass.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices