I wasn't sure if this should go in the bass forum or guitar forum. Since I'd understandably get a lot of biased votes for the bass in the bass forum, I figured I'd post it here.

Anyway, I'm tired, so I'll be swift; Working on original music. I have a weird little octave pedal my cousin gave me that's supposed to be an EHX Octave Multiplexer shoved in a Danelectro pedal. Clearly this won't survive the stage much, but I don't intend to use it live. Anyway, would it be worth $250 or so for me to buy a decent Jazz Bass copy from a local shop or should I just use this for the basslines?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 30, 2009,
I just bought a bass to use in my recordings... previously I was using a drop-octave setting on my fx-pedal for basslines.
Let me tell you, the real thing is so much better.
Well, just save up and buy a Squier Affinity P-Bass or J-Bass. I've heard they're really good, and they're cheap so you don't have to spend loads of money. Fender's are always versatile as well, which is good, and I suppose if you're playing live you can go straight into the PA system, so you won't have to spend a load on an amp because you'll still need one to practise or maybe record.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
get a real bass, without a doubt. Squires higher end stuff (300 price range) is pretty decent, or buy used. Used basses if they started out to be decent will be worth it. I love the sound of a well used bass
Defo get a real bass, much better.

You could try a peavey millenium BXP Bass, i bought one for my recordings and for the cash its a great bass, basswood body, quilted maple top
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works