tokai are renowned for their jap models. dont get me wrong im not saying all chinese stuff wont play well its just itd be good if you could try it out first
Well, Tokai is generally speaking very good. In the old days, they used to say that Tokai makes better LPs and Strats than Gibson and Fender. Don't know about the ones they make these days, but yes, my experiences with Tokai are positive, and as I know, the general opinion on them is positive.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by Vitor_vdp
You know, they closed the other thread for a reason. No eBay links...

Reported

What? i'm just asking if it's a good deal, I want to buy it? I also want to see why it's legit,

I dont need any of your stupid snitching. People post links to eBay all the time to see if guitars are legit or not.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
You know, they closed the other thread for a reason. No eBay links...

*reported*

Yeah I would agree with the guy above. Thats pretty sad to report another forum user for something so innocent.

I always laugh when I see such utterly stupid rules on forums. This place has to be the worst.

On topic: Ive never played a Tokai but heard very good things about them.
I suppose it would be, but it wouldn't have THAT Les Paul tone if I'm brutally honest, since it has an alder body and a maple neck. Made in China Tokais are cheaper than Epiphone, and arguably a bit better, but if you can look for a Made in Korea or Made in Japan, get one because they're a fair bit better.

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/tokai-lc85s-electric-guitar-black-46.html

It would be worth it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I have a Tokai SG and it's great. It is one of the Japanese made ones though. I've never played a Chinese made one. I would probably wait if I were you considering there's 2 still available. I'm guessing you could get one for the same price in a couple weeks. I would take some time and try and play one or search for reviews on that specific model.
Ive got an ALC53... im pretty damn happy with it but if you can find a good deal on an MIJ Tokai then i advise you to go for it. Even if you have to pay more, its probably one of the best purchases youll ever make.

For its price the ALC53 is great, it was at the top end of my budget when i bought it so i couldnt afford anything better, but i advise you to save up for an MIJ. You wont regret it...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Try to see if you can find a Japan made Tokai. Those and Burny guitars are probably some of the best Les Pauls i've ever heard. They sound amazing.

I would only buy a Chinese made Tokai if I could try it out before I purchased it, but hey you might want to gamble. Looks nice. Good luck
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Try to see if you can find a Japan made Tokai. Those and Burny guitars are probably some of the best Les Pauls i've ever heard. They sound amazing.

I would only buy a Chinese made Tokai if I could try it out before I purchased it, but hey you might want to gamble. Looks nice. Good luck

I've tried my mates one out, it wasnt bad On par with a nice Epiphone Standard I played in a shop at least.
I have an ALS75, beautiful piece of work. Well and truly blew the LP Ultra out the water.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS

If its made of Alder with a Maple neck....will I get the tone of a Jackson RR? cos they're made of alder and maple, and I love the tone of them...jut not so much the aesthetics.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
If its made of Alder with a Maple neck....will I get the tone of a Jackson RR? cos they're made of alder and maple, and I love the tone of them...jut not so much the aesthetics.

gotta laugh at the *Reported* guy

I've got one. You'll get a strat with humbuckers sound so kinda like Iron Maiden sound. And the Chinese made one are very good, I've had mine for 4 years, it's been properly gigged and bashed about but it still sounds and looks amazing. The Chinese ones are very solid.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Last edited by Tokai09 at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by Tokai09

I've got one. You'll get a strat with humbuckers sound so kinda like Iron Maiden sound. And the Chinese made one are very good, I've had mine for 4 years, it's been properly gigged and bashed about but it still sounds and looks amazing. The Chinese ones are very solid.

Ah okay,.

Was looking at my mates Tokai at a party last night haha, it looked very solid, I think I;m going ot get one if I can persaude my Dad to let me get it.

£240 is a good deal yeah?
I am not a huge fan of Tokia but I wouldn't have a problem buying their Chinese produced guitars as long as I could try it out first. Contrary to what a lot of people love to say the Chinese make a fine quality guitars these days.

With all the counterfeit guitars out there I wouldn't doubt Tokia's would have counterfeits out there as well so I would just be cautious buying ones that seem to good to be true.

I have 3 Jay Turser LPs that have alder bodies and i think the tone is great a little brighter than mahogany but they do not have the tinny sound a Strat does. I wouldn't doubt they are made in the same factory in China.

John
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Ah okay,.

Was looking at my mates Tokai at a party last night haha, it looked very solid, I think I;m going ot get one if I can persaude my Dad to let me get it.

£240 is a good deal yeah?

Yeah £240 is good. I bought mine for £400 about 4 years ago so yar lol.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Quote by jimzer
tokai are renowned for their jap models. dont get me wrong im not saying all chinese stuff wont play well its just itd be good if you could try it out first

I have a chinese made tokai, it is absolutely superb for the price.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by Tokai09
Who, me?
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Who, me?

Nay

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I have to persuade my parents to let me buy the guitar....any help in that department guys?

If you have your own money, why can't you buy it?

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I need my Dad's paypal and eBay

Well just ask if he can buy then you give him the money. But make sure the person you're buying it from has 100% and doesn't have any bad feedback for the last 6 months.

Quote by Tokai09
Nay
Oh ok, my mistake
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab