So, I've finally bought my first bass! It's an Ibanez GSR 200 and I bought a Marshall MB 15 combo amp to go with it! Pics soon...

So, what do you guys think about this as my first rig?

PS: I was supposed to get a squier VM P bass, but I went with the ibanez instead because it has P pick ups and J pick ups, so I can try em both Im quite happy with it for now, just Im having a fret buzz problem so I'm going to bring it to a tech ASAP
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I would trade the amp in if you could, Marshall bass amps are rarely any good. Bass however is probably among the best starter basses you can get.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I would trade the amp in if you could, Marshall bass amps are rarely any good. Bass however is probably among the best starter basses you can get.

Well, it sounds good with the boost I got on the bass, and it's just a practice amp so Im guessing if I want to gig I'll buy an Ampeg or a Mesa or something :P
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
For a started rig it sounds good to me :P When I started bass I got an Ibanez ATK and just borrowed amps for gigs, eventually I managed to get hold of an Ampeg SVT. I've sold it now, but it was the sweetest amp I've ever played though.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Better an Ibanez than a Squier. Congrats on your new gear. No pics?

Pics will be up as soon as 1) Im fully woken up and 2) I find a camera haha
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
I've got a gsr200 too, I'm very happy with it. The only problem is fret buzz on the first fret of the E string when it's in standard tuning. The buzz dissapears when I tune it to drop D
Quote by Enclose
I've got a gsr200 too, I'm very happy with it. The only problem is fret buzz on the first fret of the E string when it's in standard tuning. The buzz dissapears when I tune it to drop D

Meh, I got fret buzz about everywhere, but it's only really noticeable if you hear me practice. If I turn the amp up, you can't hear it unless you're next to me

But, I think it's because of my incredibly low action, which I will need to fix
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
The Ibanez is a good first choice. I'm not a huge fan of Marshall gear for bass players; I think they don't have a great understanding of the instrument (much like Gibson), but the amp will get you to the next level.

Fret buzz can be caused by a few things, but before you drag the instrument back to the shop, make sure its not technique. You should press as closely behind the fret as possible without being on the fret. For good fretting technique--check this link out...

http://www.adamnitti.com/bass_player_03.shtml
Quote by anarkee
The Ibanez is a good first choice. I'm not a huge fan of Marshall gear for bass players; I think they don't have a great understanding of the instrument (much like Gibson), but the amp will get you to the next level.

Fret buzz can be caused by a few things, but before you drag the instrument back to the shop, make sure its not technique. You should press as closely behind the fret as possible without being on the fret. For good fretting technique--check this link out...

http://www.adamnitti.com/bass_player_03.shtml

Yeah, I do my technique correctly, but I'm pretty sure it's fret buzz because it makes less a buzz when I play in the middle of the fret (which I don't do because I don't want to start bad habits). Anyways, I fixed the buzzing, now I only get it on the 1st fret of every string, but that was just me fixing it myself. It plays great now, I don't even think I'm going to bring it to a tech

Ps: I took pics but their too large to post (bigger then wallpapers).
Is there a way that I can make them smaller without losing too much quality?
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Ps: I took pics but their too large to post (bigger then wallpapers).
Is there a way that I can make them smaller without losing too much quality?

Upload them via http://www.imageshack.us/ and just link it instead of posting it.

There also seems to be a resize option, haven't used it before though