Page 1 of 2
Anybody else looking forward to seeing what new guitars are going to get unveiled in a couple weeks? I know I certainly am.

What are you guys expecting to see come of it?
I know that Slash's new signature will be revealed, along with a signature JCM800 from Marshall.

Ibanez will just be more superstrats, they never seem to vary much each year. I'm just looking forward to seeing what shoddy pieces of work Gibson come up with, I can imagine this forum will be ranting and raving and reposting it all for weeks.

Most of all, i'm looking forward to PRS. They never fail to impress me.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Some new and interesting Ibanez S series would be nice, as the new S series ive seen so far have been pretty dull reinventions of what were already available, and the awesome S series of this year have been discontinued -_-

This being said Ibanez S series are all i play now
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I get more wood thinking about all the new delicious amps that will come 2010...
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Marshall JMD-1 series looks intresting, plus does anyone kno what happened about the blacktooth amps dean guitars revealed last year.
Quote by Talentless
Some new and interesting Ibanez S series would be nice, as the new S series ive seen so far have been pretty dull reinventions of what were already available, and the awesome S series of this year have been discontinued -_-

they're releasing the S-Series with 24 frets
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Vauxite
Anybody else looking forward to seeing what new guitars are going to get unveiled in a couple weeks? I know I certainly am.

What are you guys expecting to see come of it?
I know that Slash's new signature will be revealed, along with a signature JCM800 from Marshall.

Ibanez will just be more superstrats, they never seem to vary much each year. I'm just looking forward to seeing what shoddy pieces of work Gibson come up with, I can imagine this forum will be ranting and raving and reposting it all for weeks.

there are no superstrats(RG,S,RGA,RGT, etc) accordingto the uk site, click the banner on the left http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html

there`s going to be the new JS24 and the 24 fret S is more of a mod than a new guitar imo.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by holycow
they're releasing the S-Series with 24 frets

yup but i prefer 22 frets so this is a nightmare for me
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
^ the ibanez uk distribution warehouse is only round the corner from you....go have a sneaky peek lol..
Looking forward to the new offerings from Egnater (E2 standalone modular preamp and the Armageddon). The new Mesa Rectifier has me interested as well.
Quote by Vauxite

+3,14159

I'm a huge PRS fan myself, so i'm looking forward to see the new models. Especially because on the PRS website they listed a bunch of classics (as the Customs 22 and 24, the McCarty II or the Modern Eagle II) as discontinued.

But i'm also a bit scared, since i saw the Opeth and the Black Label Society SE signature guitars, and the PRS SE Torero (the one with EMG's and an original FR)...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Dec 30, 2009,
Looking forward to the new, hopefully more affordable, 8 string Ibanez, and the new RGDs. They better release some new X series guitars too, but I didn't see anything about that.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Vauxite
I'm just looking forward to seeing what shoddy pieces of work Gibson come up with, I can imagine this forum will be ranting and raving and reposting it all for weeks.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Gibson won't be attending NAMM. Probably has to do with the state of the company, their leadership, and that recent lawsuit.
Quote by A_Random_Person
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Gibson won't be attending NAMM. Probably has to do with the state of the company, their leadership, and that recent lawsuit.

Correct. I spoke to an authorized Gibson dealer and they will not be attending. The Gibson reps will be in touch with dealers to give the news/plans normally given at NAMM.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
I'm mostly looking forward to PRS and ESP.

I can't wait to see if PRS will come out with an intermediate line, like something in the $1000-$2000 price range similar to the Custom 24. I'd love to own one, but the SE isn't up to my standard, and the normal PRS is WAY too expensive for a 16 year old.

I also want to see if ESP will release a new SV, because I have to say, the current SV-II looks pretty cheap with the camo finish. I'd like something with flamed maple or some sort of flat finish with a nice trim around the edge, or nice looking pinstripes.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by Talentless

new 24 fret models (prestige and non-prestige) come up next year, been revealed in japan 09.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Pat_s1t
I can't wait to see if PRS will come out with an intermediate line, like something in the $1000-$2000 price range similar to the Custom 24. I'd love to own one, but the SE isn't up to my standard, and the normal PRS is WAY too expensive for a 16 year old.

Hmmm-kay...
If you say so...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I want to see what Peavey is looking to do.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Linkerman
Hmmm-kay...
If you say so...
I didn't mean it's not good enough for me, it just seems that if I bought it, it would be sort of a downgrade from my current equipment.
Im looking forward to PRS.

Aren't they introducing their 25th anniversary guitars this year?
They already did that at the PRS experience, though maybe they'll ***** out the momentum at NAMM too (would be wise, not much people paid attention to the PRS thingy)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Vauxite
Ibanez will just be more superstrats

No it wont.
-"Revolutionary" new JEM, as Steve Vai puts it, with a pattern top like the Florals
-JEM505 - budget JEM with Prestige neck and Original Edge
-24 Fret JS
-Satriani signature acoustic
-RGD
-Natural finish Herman Li sig; EN-8
-S's now all 24 frets
-A few new 7 strings
-New Artcores
-New Darkstones
-RGA's getting a different carve top
-All JEM's, UV's and JS's are getting the Original Edge/LoPro7

And probably the best; A (very limited) reissue of the Universe UV77MC SWIRL
Quote by Victor Escobar
Does Slash really need a new signature guitar every year???

No.
Gibson need a new Slash signature guitar every year.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
No.
Gibson need a new Slash signature guitar every year.

Another guitar that is overpriced and worth it by gibson... big surprise
I really can't wait to see the guitars that ESP is bringing in maybe some of those Japanese only beauties will pass the border over to our markets :'( I would kill for an ESP Crying Star Rebel with SDs
I'm also quite curious about the Devin Townsend sig guitars by Peavey and his rumored Budda amp.
Quote by siverstorm
I really can't wait to see the guitars that ESP is bringing in maybe some of those Japanese only beauties will pass the border over to our markets :'( I would kill for an ESP Crying Star Rebel with SDs

Would you though? 'Cos what the cost of a hitman is considerably more expensive then that of the Crying Star. I think we might have a deal coming up if the day ever arises of where I need someone gone.
Quote by Xherion
Correct. I spoke to an authorized Gibson dealer and they will not be attending. The Gibson reps will be in touch with dealers to give the news/plans normally given at NAMM.

Awwwww really? I was really looking to an unveiling of a Zoot Suit Reverse Explorer with a gibson futura headstock
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
anyone has any idea if fender will be releasing something
more omportantly something besides a new strat or tele
Quote by Pat_s1t
I'm mostly looking forward to PRS and ESP.

I also want to see if ESP will release a new SV, because I have to say, the current SV-II looks pretty cheap with the camo finish. I'd like something with flamed maple or some sort of flat finish with a nice trim around the edge, or nice looking pinstripes.

PRS had the Standard series before (PRS Standard 22/24) but they discontinued it. It was basicallly a PRS custom 22/24 without the maple top. I think it used to cost around $1500-2000. Hopefully they will bring it back.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
They had the CE22/24 as well, which was basically a Custom with a bolt on neck. I love mine, so maybe something like that is on the card
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
i'm looking forward to the Rectifier replacement from Mesa, and the new Ibanez guitars - i really want a Jem/Universe :P
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Im most looking forward to seeing Michael soldanos new amplfier prototypes. it's been a few years since he's added anything to his range.

I'm also looking forward to see what PRS have to offer as i've heard theyre making a fair few changes to the range, Maybe a mikeal akerfeldt signature?

i know some of the stuff marshall are bringing out, but i cannot say until after namm as it means i can get into alot of trouble for saying!
Quote by eklundh85
Im most looking forward to seeing Michael soldanos new amplfier prototypes. it's been a few years since he's added anything to his range.

I'm also looking forward to see what PRS have to offer as i've heard theyre making a fair few changes to the range, Maybe a mikeal akerfeldt signature?

i know some of the stuff marshall are bringing out, but i cannot say until after namm as it means i can get into alot of trouble for saying!

They are going to release new SE models including a Mikeal Akerfeldt SE Signature model.

Allender SE | Cantanese SE | Akerfeldt SE | SE Torero

got it from this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244259
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by holycow
They are going to release new SE models including a Mikeal Akerfeldt SE Signature model.

Allender SE | Cantanese SE | Akerfeldt SE | SE Torero

got it from this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244259

Cheers, i just came across them in another forum, i like the akerfeldt SE, i'm not too sure on the Logo under the bridge though, but i guess thats what he asked for. I'm guessing they based it on the Modern eagle SC that he loves. I was hoping they'll bring out a USA signature for him.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Would you though? 'Cos what the cost of a hitman is considerably more expensive then that of the Crying Star. I think we might have a deal coming up if the day ever arises of where I need someone gone.

I'll keep that in mind

So did PRS discontinue the purple Paul Allender sig to replace with that green one with EMGs? If so my friend got damn lucky when he bought his purple one XD
Page 1 of 2