Hi everyone, i am looking to buy a new guitar for around £400. I want quite a versatile guitar and was looking at the fender hss. I am obviously unable to afford the American made one but was just wondering if anyone knows how good the mexican one or have any other suggestions?
Thanks!
I bought a mexican fender strat and it was a great guitar right out of the box tbh, sounded good and was playable enough, the only issue i had was issues with tuning stability, but i had a slipstone nut put on and the bridge adjusted and its now a great player!

The guitar can last you a lifetime, as over time you can upgrade it to make it sound and play better, as the basic materials its made out of are great.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Thanks but is the fender very versatile as i like to play from blues to heavy metal?
They are amongst the most versatile guitars ever made, the humbucker will allow you to do metal and the single coils will cover all the other ground. Humbuckers in the mexi strats tend to be a bit weak however so in the long run you may want to swap out the bucker for something of higher quality, but i put 3 single coils in my strat and i can still play metal on it
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Wylde22
Hi everyone, i am looking to buy a new guitar for around £400. I want quite a versatile guitar and was looking at the fender hss. I am obviously unable to afford the American made one but was just wondering if anyone knows how good the mexican one or have any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Unless there is a huge markup over there, for 400 pounds you can afford the American-made Highway One Strat. It is available in a HSS configuration and it is a great guitar. You'll love it.