Page 1 of 3
As in proper CDs! What with so many people just using Itunes these days I'm wondering how many people actually have large CD collections

I myself have *goes to count CDs*... 113!

GO!!

You can even do a list of all your CDs if you want!

EDIT: Just realised someones borrowing one of my CDs, so 114

EDIT 2: Seeing as everyone's mentioning vinyls too, I have 1
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Dec 30, 2009,
I have 0 non-embaressing CDs.

Several electro/club music ones.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
54 including copies made from the computer and excluding all the ones my dad has that I still listen to.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I don't know... alot... more than will fit on my shelf
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I can't be bothered to count but probably about 30-50. Though I borrow a fair few old ones from my Dad (don't you just love when parents have absolute gems in their cd collections?).
I'm 15, but i live in the 90s. All my albums are CDs. And I have 150 CDs. And 50 records. including records of all the classic Metallica albums!
I shamefully admit owning very few CDs. I'm a rather sad example of the Internet and downloading generation. I must have somewhere around 20.

Now that I think about it, it's mostly due to the fact that I have nothing to play them at home apart from my computer and Xbox 360, not that convenient.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Last edited by Astyan at Dec 30, 2009,
20/30? Something like that.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by aaciseric
I can't be bothered to count but probably about 30-50. Though I borrow a fair few old ones from my Dad (don't you just love when parents have absolute gems in their cd collections?).

If we're counting all my parent's CDs that I've borrowed I would have over 9000 cds.
I've lost count... I sold my DJ company a couple years ago but kept the cd's. I've ripped most them all and it's something like 44,000 tracks.
30ish, I don't see the point in CDs, FLAC ftw! Meanwhile I'm gonna start a vinyl collection
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
100ish, not bought any for time now though :/
wish i had the money too, damn being a student!
The CDs I want are so hard to find...I have maybe 30. Which reminds me, I need to listen to some of them.
🙈 🙉 🙊
SleepSoil
Quote by Anthony1991
I blame you for the fact my PC monitor is now covered in chocolate digestive, cheers
Quote by vsdornelas
That was, um... really, really funny. I lolstack you now.

A lot. Since my dad and I like pretty much the same music except for a few things that adds up to around 20 or so years of buying CDs + another 30 years buying records. I cba to count them up.

I have about 50 CDs I've bought myself and two record reissues.
190 - 200 CD's, and i have about 100 - 150 more on my computer. I also have 5 records too :P
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by JAZZ_MAN919 at Dec 30, 2009,
Well I got a lot of cassetes and vinyls too but my cd collection which I partially share with my dad's is well over 320 but I'm not gonna look. I usually buy at least 2 cd's a month sometimes even 5 lol I have a place where I get them for very very cheap and I spend all my allowance and all my salary on it.
428 CD's , 200+ burned CD's, 27 concert DVD's, around 400 vinyl, 30 reel to reel tapes, and about 100 cassette tapes. Age does have an advantage in the collection process.
Last edited by barefootboy at Dec 30, 2009,
I have a little over 300 now, about 20 vinyl and 12 concert DVD's.
...marmalade is my jam.
Last edited by guitar_newbie at Dec 30, 2009,

I believe it is 867 right now.

I know it was 856 a month ago or so, when I reorganized them*
and I think I've gotten 10 since then.

*I organize my cds in rows by genre (which is why most of the rows are not entirely full)
within Genre, alphabetical order by Artist.

WIthin artist it goes:

Live albums
Greatest hits albums, other compilations
studio albums in order of release

I also have about 300 vinyl records.

wow, for once I get to talk about something I'm actually proud of
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Last edited by NaivexLi at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by KileManA7X
Well I got a lot of cassetes and vinyls too but my cd collection which I partially share with my dad's is well over 320 but I'm not gonna look. I usually buy at least 2 cd's a month sometimes even 5 lol I have a place where I get them for very very cheap and I spend all my allowance and all my salary on it.

Your work is voluntary, I assume?
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Insanity^2
30ish, I don't see the point in CDs, FLAC ftw! Meanwhile I'm gonna start a vinyl collection

You don't see the point in CDs, yet you want to start a collection of vinyls? How does that make any sense?
Call me Matthew.
At the moment, I have 11 cd's in my collection. I also have three music video dvd's.
About 280. I went from 200-280 pretty quick but the money has dried up so I relied on Christmas and my birthday to get some.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
100 or so
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Page 1 of 3