I have a Ibanez JEM7v and a Cube 30, and possibly around 1500 to spend.

Okay, everyone's response would obviously be a new amp for tone reasons.

HOWEVER, A better amp would probably involve tubes, which could possibly be too loud for my house (apparently a 10w tube is half as loud as a 50w tube. I roughly know how loud the 50w is when cranked up to 6, so volume is going to be a problem)

I also need something which would give me warmer blues/fusion tones as I realised that my JEM can't really produce warm tones with my current amp (I may be wrong here because of my amp).

So yes, I need help.
Well if you're going to be playing with a band or plan on gigging, I would recommend you get an amp first. As for volume issues, most amps today have master volumes so you need not to worry about home usage.

and 10 watts is half as loud as 100 watts btw.

What's your budget? Are you running pedals or anything?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well if you're going to be playing with a band or plan on gigging, I would recommend you get an amp first. As for volume issues, most amps today have master volumes so you need not to worry about home usage.

and 10 watts is half as loud as 100 watts btw.

What's your budget? Are you running pedals or anything?

No pedals, around 1500 at most.

Don't tube amps less optimal at lower values?

I don't really plan to gig for now, just playing for fun and posting stuff on youtube.
get that amp, even a nice Orange tiny terror will do the trick.

Just switch that ibanez to the neck or single coil pickup, mess around with the EQ a bit and you should be getting that bad boy all warm and fuzzy for your blues.

Oh you should also probably looking into the Vox AC15, vox's tend to have a nice low end in them. Or you can even look into the VT series they're cheap and sound good.

Hope this helps a little

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Hey man, I have a tube amp at home and I would never go back. You'll be so much happier once you get it.

The great thing about tube is it's got a greater dynamic range than solid state - so basically you can get heaps of tone at really low volumes. I have a 60w Fender Deville 410 that I gig with, and play at home with and it sounds great at either volume.

The other great thing about tube is you can swap out the tubes for a complete tonal change. I suggest tubedepot.com for this. They know what's up about tubes.

Maybe it's just a personal preference, but I think tube is the way to go. I was in a similar position a few years back and had a few really great guitars but a lame little practice amp. Go tube.

hope this helps,

play loud, play often.
-derek
Quote by Timothongz
No pedals, around 1500 at most.

Don't tube amps less optimal at lower values?

I don't really plan to gig for now, just playing for fun and posting stuff on youtube.

You don't need the best tones for home use. Only crazy people like myself crank their amps on regular. The amp might not sound as good at lower volumes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll sound bad.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Won't swap them pickups.

Maybe its more of an amp issue, so i'll probably go for amp, preferably something high gain but still has a decent warm tone. Not too concerned about cleans though.