Hi guys,
I just got into theorie and I'm searching for a few nice "jazzy" songs to play. I found "My Way" by Frank Sinatra.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/f/frank_sinatra/my_way_ver3_crd.htm

and there is a Em7 going to an Em7/D, but the b7 of E is already a D right? So where is the difference?

ah, if you have any suggestions for jazzy songs, please let me know

greetings
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
change the bass note to a D

......... i think. My theory is a bit shakey, btu that's wat i think is going down here.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
the Em7/D means that the bass note of the chord is a D instead of the root note E, given the context of the song it serves as a sort of walking bass line within the chords
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Quote by lpcustom325
the Em7/D means that the bass note of the chord is a D instead of the root note E, given the context of the song it serves as a sort of walking bass line within the chords

that's it thx!
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
It's common to do this if you want to show a walking bass line. Say you were going from an Em to an Am but wanted to specify a bass line you may have:
|Em7 Em7/D Em7/C Em7/B |Am C| .....
where | is a bar marker

It forces the bassist to follow a set pattern for that bit which can be quite useful if you want to do something potentially clashing over the top.
Hey Astaldo the Em7/D is a 'slash chord'. You are right the b7 of E is already D but the chord symbol Em7/D would mean you would play an Em7 OVER D, in other words play an Em7 with a D in the bass(the first note you play). A way to play this could be

e---x (or you could play open string if you wanted)
B---5 <-(E)
G---4 <-(B)
D---5 <-(G)
A---5 <-(D)
E---x

Hope that helps you out
The D has to be the lowest note played, as with any slash chord.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by Chris Fury
Hey Astaldo the Em7/D is a 'slash chord'. You are right the b7 of E is already D but the chord symbol Em7/D would mean you would play an Em7 OVER D, in other words play an Em7 with a D in the bass(the first note you play). A way to play this could be

e---x (or you could play open string if you wanted)
B---5 <-(E)
G---4 <-(B)
D---5 <-(G)
A---5 <-(D)
E---x

Hope that helps you out

I got it now! I found it kinda hard to play
e-----
B--8--
G--7--
D--9--
A--5--