Okay, thing is I've been using Line6 SpiderValve 212 for sometime now and I think it is a fine amp from me, now I tried hooking up my new Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion Pedal and I cannot get the right sound from this pedal. The tone of the pedal is much more warmer and not as tight as when running it through other amps and my studio monitors and stuff.

Also there is like this strange "zzzzzzzz......" buzz sound in the background which I know happens from time to time depending on the setting of the pedal... but my gain isn't even that high and in other amps I've tried I don't get this buzz sound (that little buzz sound remains when I turn the guitar's tone knob to 0 too. Now I wanna know how can I fix both that annoying buzz and get the correct and cool sound of the pedal through my amp... can anyone help me? I've tried everything I can think of.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by psyguitarist
Correct me if I am wrong UG but aren't Spiders known for not taking effects well?

That would be a correct assumption. I myself have a spider amp, and multi effect pedals. The ONLY way to get pedals to work on a spider amp is as follows.

Have a COMPLETLY clean channel set with no drive, no treble, no bass, no mid, no custom effects.

When you play your guitar you should have just a clean tone. Now save the present and use the effect. The ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz will disappear.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Oh, great, I see I shouldn't have bought this amp at all now!!! Great!!! Just ****ing great!!!
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Well, I tried getting rid of the buzz sound, it works but I'm not happy with the sound of the effect... only if someone let me know about this damn effect problem in this amp before I bought it.

*Starts counting how much money he has.*

Anyway, thanks...
And with these wings

-Symphony X
The Spider Valve isn't a bad amp, BUT you really shouldn't use pedals to get sounds.
Why do you use a metal distortion if the amp itself has enough gain for metal?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Its still a spider modelling amp. It has valves yes but its not gonna take pedals well. If you keep the amp buy the FBV to access all the settings and channel switching.
I got the distortion pedal becuase I like it much better than the distortion on the amp. I do have the channel switch thing... but I'm just sad to see that people can't make amps that work with everything!! I mean wow! This is gonna cost me some money.... x(
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Last edited by Gulli05 at Dec 30, 2009,
Have you tried putting the pedal into the effects loop (assuming you now have it between the guitar and the amp)?
Quote by dkcol
Have you tried putting the pedal into the effects loop (assuming you now have it between the guitar and the amp)?

Into the effect loop? (I'm stupid I know!)
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Its like this if you arent happy with the onboard distortion then its time to look for an amp with distortion you do like. Putting it in the loop probably wont do much for the tone.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its like this if you arent happy with the onboard distortion then its time to look for an amp with distortion you do like. Putting it in the loop probably wont do much for the tone.

Well I can get a decent enough distortion but there is so much better distortion i can get with the pedal i bought but the amp doesn't allow me to get that. =(
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Quote by ShallowEndings
Isn't the SV the one without the FX loop?

It does have an effects loop.
In their infinite (lack of) wisdom they label the "effects send" as preamp out, and the "effects return" power amp in.

So, to use a pedal (or whatever) in the "effects loop":
Plug guitar directly into amplifier.
Connect preamp out to input of pedal.
Connect output of pedal to power amp in.