hi guys, i am in the market for a speaker cabinet, to use with the electroharmonix 22 caliber and other effects pedals.

i am kind of drawn towards the blackheart killer ant, but could you guys recommend any around the same price range, it would have to be fairly modern sounding and suitable for bedroom practice.
Last edited by ben130793 at Dec 30, 2009,
are you after a amp or just a cab, sorry just googled it, it`s a head your after, save another £100 and get a blackstar ht5.........1w rms is just gonna sound awful.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
are you after a amp or just a cab, sorry just googled it, it`s a head your after, save another £100 and get a blackstar ht5.........1w rms is just gonna sound awful.

Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
sorry no, just a cab, don't know why i put valve in the title, whoops, well another 100 is quite a lot for a cash strapped student so i think the blackstar is a bit too much, thanks for the help though, but why would it sound awful
If you could push youe budget up to £190 you have the orange cab with the Celestion V30 - http://www.dv247.com/guitars/orange-ppc112-guitar-speaker-cabinet--34900, but if you're on a tight budget I would get the blackheart cab.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
The OP is a bit confusing, could you tell me what you want?

Do you already have an amp-head or a cabinet?

If you have an amp head, you'll need a cab and the Killer Ant is not a cab.
If you have a cab, the Killer Ant is a pretty nice amp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Google the electroharmonix 22 caliber, it acts as a head, but in the shape of a pedal, and i really like the look of it, it sounds quite unique aswell which i like.
sorry i meant the cab that comes with the black heart killer ant, not the head.
Quote by ben130793
Google the electroharmonix 22 caliber, it acts as a head, but in the shape of a pedal, and i really like the look of it, it sounds quite unique aswell which i like.
sorry i meant the cab that comes with the black heart killer ant, not the head.

The 22 Caliber isn't really a great amp. Brilliant as a backup, but I'd rather spend the cash on something more useful.
about 200-250 no more preferably, i just can't afford it, student you see? sorry if it's limiting
wtf, i`ve not posted in this thread .....someones hijacked my profile (must of), its been running laggy allday......but i have been on UG today just never in this thread until now...straight up.....not f-in happy..need to sort this.

i never offer gear advice unless i`ve played it myself.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
wtf, i`ve not posted in this thread .....someones hijacked my profile (must of), its been running laggy allday......but i have been on UG today just never in this thread until now...straight up.....not f-in happy..need to sort this.

seriously, give up. Someone hacked your UG account to give bad advice?
and why would a hacker make UG laggy?
you win a facepalm stack for your idiocy

@ TS: check out blackheart amps - if you can find a RAT modded one that'd be even better
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

seriously, give up. Someone hacked your UG account to give bad advice?
and why would a hacker make UG laggy?
you win a facepalm stack for your idiocy

@ TS: check out blackheart amps - if you can find a RAT modded one that'd be even better

my comp`s been laggy not UG , i`ve been on FB and on half a dozen other forums with 3 tabs open...which i have open 24/7....normally without a issue if i say i haven`t been in this thread i aint been in this thread
Quote by ibanezgod1973
my comp`s been laggy not UG , i`ve been on FB and on half a dozen other forums with 3 tabs open...which i have open 24/7....normally without a issue if i say i haven`t been in this thread i aint been in this thread

don't worry man, it's ok we believe you

but yeah i think the blackstar is too much, can anyone recommend any others?

thanks so far guys, i'm very grateful, know almost jack about amps and pedals you see, more my brothers area of expertise
^which is why none of his other posts recently seemed to have offered misinformed bad advice lol you'd be a lil more convincing if it weren't for the fact that your original statement wasn't really anything troll-like or blatantly ignorant until the very last part.

anyway, enough poking fun for me.

TS, if you saved about 30 more bucks, you can get a nice brand new Avatar 1x12 cab with a Vintage 30 in it...might be worth checking out.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^which is why none of his other posts recently seemed to have offered misinformed bad advice lol you'd be a lil more convincing if it weren't for the fact that your original statement wasn't really anything troll-like or blatantly ignorant until the very last part.

anyway, enough poking fun for me.

TS, if you saved about 30 more bucks, you can get a nice brand new Avatar 1x12 cab with a Vintage 30 in it...might be worth checking out.

sorry man, it's in pound sterling not dollars, never heard of avatar amps
New Gear Fund £155/£???
What you want is the harley benton 212 Vintage cab. Two selestion V30s for €195 in Ireland. Buy a speaker cable and you're over the €200 mark for free EU shipping. Probably works out around £150. You won't beat it for quality or value. Seriously. You can get it from www.thomann.de

I'll be getting one for my Little Giant head in a couple of weeks myself.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by ibanezgod1973

i never offer gear advice unless i`ve played it myself.

Yeah, yeah, sure...

Anyway, TS, as the others said I wouldn't really go for what you're looking at at the moment, rather get something else.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

Yeah, yeah, sure...

Anyway, TS, as the others said I wouldn't really go for what you're looking at at the moment, rather get something else.

such as? i really am a novice when it comes to amps
New Gear Fund £155/£???
Quote by Proghead130793

sorry, accidently logged in on my brothers acount
Quote by Proghead130793

looks like i'll be getting the blackstar ht-110 cab then, is that a good choice?
thanks for all the advice guys