So i just got my self a Krank Rev Jr, and will be getting a 212 cab soon. i just wanna know if u guys think it would handle a small-mid sized gig, like say 100-200 ppl.
it would be the usual loud metal croud shouting and be loud so do u think it could make its self heard over the drums and croud?

or would a gig of that size have a PA system and therefore wouldnt have to worry about it?

also in a gig of say 50ppl would it make its self heard over the drums with no PA?

thanks james.
Quote by wozzsta
So i just got my self a Krank Rev Jr, and will be getting a 212 cab soon. i just wanna know if u guys think it would handle a small-mid sized gig, like say 100-200 ppl.
it would be the usual loud metal croud shouting and be loud so do u think it could make its self heard over the drums and croud?

or would a gig of that size have a PA system and therefore wouldnt have to worry about it?

also in a gig of say 50ppl would it make its self heard over the drums with no PA?

thanks james.

Well they will have to have at least a mic and some sort of PA for the vocals - just bring an extra mic, cable, and a boom stand and hook it up to the PA.

That said, I saw someone play a gig with an MG microstack once
my amp is 30 watts and its plenty volume for jamming with a drummer. i can drown him out easy. havent gigged with it though
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Just be sure to bring a PA and/or mic to mic it if its not loud enough. But chances are its loud enough. I had a show this year in a bar of 100ish people and just used my blackstar
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
Just be sure to bring a PA and/or mic to mic it if its not loud enough. But chances are its loud enough. I had a show this year in a bar of 100ish people and just used my blackstar

A HT-5?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well they will have to have at least a mic and some sort of PA for the vocals - just bring an extra mic, cable, and a boom stand and hook it up to the PA.

That said, I saw someone play a gig with an MG microstack once

I was backstage of a band that played through a roland cube 15 with a lowline boss digital effects processor, talk about bad tone
Quote by ragingkitty
Depends on how loud you'd go.

Personally, if you like some power amp grit in your tone like I do, it can get pretty loud and would be sufficient for venues of 35 - 50 people. For practice, the 20 watt would be good, assuming that your drummer doesn't treat his drums like his mortal nemesis.

I've used it for practice, and can get loud enough to get over the drummer at 4.5 - 5. However, I find that 5 is the sorta break up point where soft clipping creeps into the sound. At 6, you can hear the saturation from the power tubes.

Otherwise, if you subscribe to the notion that moar headroom = moar epicz, just get the 50. Its like an additional $100 if I remember correctly.

*just quoting what ragingkitty told me in my comments.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
*just quoting what ragingkitty told me in my comments.

cheers, well ide most proply have the OD on max with the boost on, most of the time, i was inthe shop and had it on about 4 and it was nice and loud, so i guess at 7-8 it would give a hella kick
I was gonna post an answer... and then found out that I had already posted my answer.

Freaky.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.