So, as of late, I'm not that satisfied with my amp. It's a B-52 LS100 head. It doesn't have much balls. Plus, I'm kind of tired of having a stack, so I wonder... how much better would a small tube combo sound? Like, a 6505 112? Worth the upgrade?

Also, what other amps can you suggest. I don't want to spend more than.. $1200 really.
I play Satriani, some Dream Theater, in general rock / blues rock and metal, but not brootalz.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Dec 30, 2009,
i would keep the B52 cab and buy a 6505 head. the head version just sounds better than the combo

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
In that case, I actually don't have the matching cab, but instead a Laney LX412A. Is that a decent enough cab? Also, can you run the 6505 head with a 2x12 cab? I really don't want a 4x12 in my room.
I also prefer 2x12's to 4x12's (Portability reasons), but yh it should work as long as you match the impedance of the head and cab correctly
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly