So I'm trying to setup a rig for shows in my skool and apparently I would have to mainly rely on stuff like pedals. Since i have to use the skools amp and I believe they are Peavey bandit 112 (i think thats the model) and Fender hot rod/ Fender 212 (dun rmb model :S). Not much hope of bringing in my own amp n stuff since it's quite troublesome. I'm kinda trying to get a tone thats like Children of Bodom. Not that I'm trying to get Alexi or Roope's tone cuz I'm a cob fan but I actually like it. Next show would be 1 bodom song and 1 a7x song (which was not my idea). Pedals I currently have Krank Distortus, Landmine, Ibanez 808 OD, and a Plexitube. For the a7x a normal scooped setting is fine but I'm concerned for the CoB song.

The Krank doesn't really have enough power since it's more like a mini preamp.
Landmine is a no go, the gain is wayy too much for this.
808 I probably won't use since I just installed a PA-2 on my Schecter Hellraiser C1.
Plexitube I might consider it but idk if I could use it since it needs a adapter.

So I want to know if there are any pedals where I could create a tone like CoB. The main thing to do is probably use a EQ pedal BUT I need someone to tell me how to use it (For a cob sound it's mainly boosting the mids). I'm considering the MXR dimebag. I've tried it before and it's quite good but then I've never tried to get a CoB tone out of it (was quite a while back). So basically right now I'm set to get the ISP noise gate and MXR 10 band EQ. I'm also thinking of gettin a cheap delay pedal since I kinda like it with a bit of delay. Cheap one cuz I only need a little bit of delay onli. If this seriously doesn't work out I might end up bringing my Krank Rev Jr (halls not THAT big, it will work even if it's 20 watts. The things a monster). Might considering getting a preamp but I doubt I hav the money since I'm waiting for my new guitar to arrive

So main question is:
- Main distortion pedal to minic a sound SIMILAR to Children of Bodom (preferably something that runs on batteries not adaptors)
- Any other pedals I could possibly use to add
- A possible Pre amp to use with the amps they giv us (stated above): thinking about Lee Jackson GP 1000 or one of ENGLs pre amp (im not sure which model, hav to go to the shop again)
Why in the world would you want to bring in your own amp if your school owns a Hot Rod?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Why in the world would you want to bring in your own amp if your school owns a Hot Rod?

Becuase a Hot Rod isn't exactly a metal amp?
Soo bring a Dist and OD pedal...Fender Tube amps don't have distortion channels, they have drive channels which are alright but not exactly metal.
Quote by psyguitarist
Soo bring a Dist and OD pedal...Fender Tube amps don't have distortion channels, they have drive channels which are alright but not exactly metal.

Did you guys even read the first post...
I don't really have experience with the Hot Rod itself, but a bunch of Fender amps that I've used take pedals really well. You might be able to run your landmine (use the 808 as a boost?) and just tweak the pedal and the amp. Just a word of warning though, its kinda hit and miss with the amps i've played. My twin takes pedals amazingly, while something like a pro reverb couldn't really handle much at all.
hmmm, i'm not really a distortion box person.
but you could try some from the Hardwire series, or MXR Full Bore.
they're both meant to be pretty mean.
I'm actually more of the type where guitar plug straight into amp then ready to go. But then the amps they provide are... meh

Landmine's gain is a lil bit too outrageous tho. Ima try to run it with the ISP once I gt it and see how it works out.
Yeah, my school's amps are all peavey banit 112s too. I just used my mfx pedal (digitech rp90) and ended up getting a pretty good tone out of it(after tweeking it for about a month). Don't know much about the landmine, but if it has too much gain, try turning the volume knob on your guitar down and fiddle around with the amp's EQ. Depending on what value your guitar's volume knob is, you may be able to get the dist. down to a workable level.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
TBH I'd say just use what you have now and save your cash and just make your own EQ that pays homage to that of CoB don't go looking for the same tone 'cos you won't really be able to achieve it and you'll end up spending cash you otherwise need not to.
Quote by psyguitarist
what the hell do you think the drive channel is?
buy a peavey vypry 30 amp, its really loud not that big has loads of effects and sounds good.
I don´t see what the problem with using the guitar preamp booster and 808 together is? Just do that, you´ll be fine for a show.