I think I'm going to get a Vox VT 50 because it seems like there is alot of work involved with tube amps, but since the VT series is a modeling amp series with a 12AX7, could it still give that tube like feel??

I mean, I tried the 15 watt, but I wouldnt think it could give me any respectable idea of what these amps can do.

Does anybody like these??
"Seems like there is alot of work involved with tube amps", the only thing with tube amps is that you need to change tubes and that is really easy.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Try it out along with other amps in it's style (Vypyr, Cube) and if you like it, buy it.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Budget?
Music Styles?
New/Used?
Gigging/Band/Home use?
etc.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
The valvetronix series is great value and they sound very good too. However, the still do not sound like tube amps. The 50 watt version is 400 bucks. For that price you could get a nice simple tube amp. It depends, if you need a very versatile amp capable of many different sounds, get the valvestronix. If you just need a good basic tube sound, look at tube amps in that price range.
The valvetronix will not sound like a tube but it still sounds good. Also, there really isn't that much maintanance involved with tube amps, you just have to change the tubes every 1-2 years...
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
The valvetronix series is great value and they sound very good too. However, the still do not sound like tube amps. The 50 watt version is 400 bucks. For that price you could get a nice simple tube amp. It depends, if you need a very versatile amp capable of many different sounds, get the valvestronix. If you just need a good basic tube sound, look at tube amps in that price range.
The valvetronix will not sound like a tube but it still sounds good. Also, there really isn't that much maintanance involved with tube amps, you just have to change the tubes every 1-2 years...

this essentially - also, if you're totally sure you don't want a real tube amp (big mistake) then I'd get the VT30 instead - honestly, the volume difference is fairly minimal (the extra 2" of speaker does push out a bit more air) and since headroom is no issue in a modelling amp, you won't need the 50. I can play a gig with 100-200 people on clean tones with the 30w on full volume.