Hey guys, I'm finally going to start spending some money getting some of the effects I've wanted.. How do you power yours? I've heard people say get a power brick, but that's pretty expensive.. What about something like

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-1-Spot-Combo-Pack?sku=150373

Is that called daisy chaining? Anyways, please educate me a bit.
Thanks & Godbless .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I use the 1 spot stuff, it works fine. Sure there is a bit more noise than without it, but its not that noticeable. I guess if I had a big nasty high gain amp it might be a problem though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
that`s daisy chaining but using something like a dc brick or voodoo labs pedal power will distribute the power evenly to all pedals an be noiseless
I use a Dunlop Brick, but ive heard that its just an expensive daisy chain, dont quote me on that, its just what ive heard through UG
I use Energizer rechargables for ultimate isolation and the ability to have battery sag.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I use Energizer rechargables for ultimate isolation and the ability to have battery sag.

This is a good idea.. are rechargeable 9volts expensive?

edit; and battery sag?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I think I got a pack of 2 of them, including the charger, for $22 and got the extra two 9V for $10.

Edit: Battery sag is when the battery starts to get around 25% power or so and has a voltage drop, making a distinctive effect on your sound.

Some power supplies have a switch that lets you emulate this. I think the Voodoo Labs one is one of them.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I think I got a pack of 2 of them, including the charger, for $22 and got the extra two 9V for $10.

Edit: Battery sag is when the battery starts to get around 25% power or so and has a voltage drop, making a distinctive effect on your sound.

Some power supplies have a switch that lets you emulate this. I think the Voodoo Labs one is one of them.

Nice, this is what I'm going to do, seems a lot less messy (with cords and stuff) and cheaper.