I've been playing some gallop-y type thrash metal, and I've decided I'm gonna learn some Meshuggah. What song is a good starting point for these? I have a 6 tuned BEADGC/ADGCFA# and a crappy 4 string I guess I could tune to FA#F#G# for the newer stuff.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Future Breed Machine is a sweet one.

Not too hard, once you get the timing down
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
New Millenium Cyanide Christ is pretty straight forward for the most part, although just like Future Breed Machine, it takes some time to get the timing down.
Quote by m4l666
I've been playing some gallop-y type thrash metal, and I've decided I'm gonna learn some Meshuggah. What song is a good starting point for these? I have a 6 tuned BEADGC/ADGCFA# and a crappy 4 string I guess I could tune to FA#F#G# for the newer stuff.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Early Meshuggah songs is just a half step down on 7 strings, same thing with 5s. But yeah, try Future Breed Machine. On a 4 string you would have to tune down 3 whole steps to A# xD
I've decided to learn Future Breed Machine, which is harder on my right hand, then Combustion off the new album. Cheers guys

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Lol learn Bleed :P I absolutely love the timing on that song but its really awkward.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I'm learning Combustion cos for the most part the timing is comparatively straightforward, loads of it is just chugging the F.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright