Dean,ESP,Schecter,BC Rich and so on also Jacksons
GEAR
Epiphone SG G 400
Marshall JH-1
Peavy Vyper
Marshall MG 10
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Hartke A100
the ability to shred and play metal is pretty much in your pickups and your neck and the techique of the player. Hell i play a fender telecaster and i find it easy to shred with fenders fast necks
Butcher
All of those ^

But for shredding you should check out Ibanez, Esp, Jackson because those tend to have thinner/faster necks
Quote by Black Paranoia
Dean,ESP,Schecter,BC Rich and so on also Jacksons

bc rich are supposed to suck especially the low end ones, ts look at ibanez rg prestiges you will probably have to look used but it's worth the money
Ibanez.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Les paul.

Just kidding, not saying it ain't possible but it ain't adviceable :lol: I'd take a look at Ibanez, Jackson and LTD ESP, those brands are known for having fast necks
My first guitar was an Epiphone SG, went into GC one day and played an Ibanez... It changed my life. Literally. Haha. Either Ibanez or ESP, whichever feels better to you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
either a jackson or ibanez. ESP LTD too. Schecters necks are a little thick IMO. or at least mine is. But u can still shred on them if u got bigger hands.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Gibson Flying Vs have great necks plus the tone from those pickups is monster... Kirk Hammett early Metallica albums; Michael Schenker is a shred master; Bobby Gustafson on the first 4 Overkill Albums played a V.

You should be able to pick one up used in good condition on your budget.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
My gear:
Gibson Les Paul Special with humbuckers
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez RG550 1992
Epiphone Wildkat
Marshall AVT150H
Marshall 1960A reissue cabinet
Fender Pro185
Schecter, Ibanez, Jackson, ESP/LTD. and Dean
Clapton is god, accept it.
Quote by britishsligean
bc rich are supposed to suck especially the low end ones, ts look at ibanez rg prestiges you will probably have to look used but it's worth the money

the low end ones suck major dick, but the high end ones are actually pretty darn good.
Schecter, Charvel
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

Are you looking for an actual guitar? If so don't bother looking at brands just look at the guitars themselves who cares what it says on the headstock right?
Quote by AlexAngus
Gibson Flying Vs have great necks plus the tone from those pickups is monster... Kirk Hammett early Metallica albums; Michael Schenker is a shred master; Bobby Gustafson on the first 4 Overkill Albums played a V.

You should be able to pick one up used in good condition on your budget.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
My gear:
Gibson Les Paul Special with humbuckers
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez RG550 1992
Epiphone Wildkat
Marshall AVT150H
Marshall 1960A reissue cabinet
Fender Pro185

Up in the top right corner there is a link that says private messages. Click then then on the left click edit signature. Copy and paste your gear list in there and it will show up in all your posts without you having to copy and paste it every time.
I'd say either Ibanez or Jackson would be safe bets. Cort are also well worth a look as they build Ibanez guitars anyway and you'll find that the neck dimensions they use are exactly the same.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
There is no best brand, anyone suggesting so is wasting their time, its all down to personal preference so all you can do is just play an absolute ton of guitars and decide for yourself, its only when someone asks for specific requirements that you can suggest a guitar for them tht fits their specs, in this case where its just a generic "Whats the best" there is no point suggesting anything....
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Just a pick guitar that sounds good and fits in your hands. It's not that big of a deal. There's no magical guitar that will make you a shredder.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
Just a pick guitar that sounds good and fits in your hands. It's not that big of a deal. There's no magical guitar that will make you a shredder.

True.

Shredding is all in the hands, not in the guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Has the TS even said anything back yet?

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew