Hey everyone! So a little while ago I posted a thread about my amp "dying", well I've done some checks and I would still like some guidance. Here are the facts so far.

-It's a Peavey VK112 50w tube amp (2 6l6gc 3 12ax7)
-It's definitely the amp--the guitar/cable/pedal all operate on my practice amp.
-I checked the fuses in the amp--nothing is burnt or dangling inside.
-Looking at the amp chassis (solder side up, I cant see the actual capacitors/resistors) nothing seems to be burnt,loose or damaged( to my knowledge).
-It makes absolutely no sound unless I plug in my metal zone pedal and crank the volume on both the amp and pedal, then you can just barely hear the notes.
-Upon pulling both the preamp and the power tubes out, shaking them and listening for some sound, nothing is loose(filament),burnt or damaged(to my unexperienced eyes).
-I want to try to slave the amp into a different( to see if the speaker is just screwed), but 2nd amp does not have an effects loop (and its a piece of crap ibanez beginner amp). I want see if its the speaker that is the problem but i dont know how.
-Same problems apply to both channels and inputs.
-Spring Reverb is disconnected if that is of any importance.

Can anyone give me some guidance, please?
Thanks
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
take it to a tech, you've had a look and can't diagnose it, they get paid to fix it and they know amps like the back of their hand, it's probably a blown component, sadly you can't tell if they've gone as you can't smell something burnt all the time
i'll be the first to say power tubes.

get it fixed, could be something else as said...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
it sounds like you either have a blown pre amp tube or possibly a rectifier tube, and a blown tube should look kinda like burnt copper on the top of the tube when its blown, but without seeing the amp and hearing what its doing im not sure, does it have an effect loop thats bypassable?
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
it sounds like you either have a blown pre amp tube or possibly a rectifier tube, and a blown tube should look kinda like burnt copper on the top of the tube when its blown, but without seeing the amp and hearing what its doing im not sure, does it have an effect loop thats bypassable?

Hmm. I'm not sure if the loop is bypassable. I usually use a 6inch coupler in the loop just to activate its buffer, but coupler or not, the sound (or lack thereof) stays the same. :/. How can you diagnose a dead tube if nothing is shaking around inside (dead lightbulb style)?
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
well sometimes if a loop is active without anything the amp will make no noise, sometimes tubes dont have anything loose as you say they just look burnt brown on top, also turn the amp on plugged in and see if your tubes light up
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210