I haven't even been playing two months yet, but when I go to my kit, I find myself playing most of the same beats, over and over. To keep this from getting repetitive, does UG have any songs that they suggest I learn? My kit has:

• Two mounted toms
  • A floor tom
  • a bass drum with a single pedal (no double bass yet)
  • A snare
  • A crash cymbal (I haven't gotten my ride yet, so I'd prefer songs that dont' use one, because most ride parts sound like crap on the crash)
  • Hi-hats
  • A splash cymbal
  • A cowbell
  • A tambourine

Yes, I realize that last three items on my kit are a little odd, considering I don't even have a ride or double bass yet.

Still, what songs would UG suggest me learning? I have an iPod and headphones, so I can play along with whatever you suggest. Lately, I've been into Placebo, Senses Fail, and some Silversun Pickups and Alkaline Trio.
Achilles Last Stand is the only correct answer.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Stuff by Alice in Chains.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Fortunate son.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Best start with some classic rock songs there pretty simple and fun any AC DC song will do.
Muse - Knights of Cydonia

It's nice for practice cuz it's actually quite easy but with some awesome fills
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Axel Rudi Pell - Fly to the Moon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrkzzP6eMAQ

Incredibly fun song to play on drums

Also, little tip, just play ride parts on closed hi-hats, definitely sounds better than using the crash constantly.
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by NO11YOU
Best start with some classic rock songs there pretty simple and fun any AC DC song will do.

Also, by learning ANY AC/DC song on drums, you'll have learned EVERY AC/DC song on drums.
You should sell it all and buy a nice guitar.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by Led Pepplin
You should sell it all and buy a nice guitar.
I've never liked guitar; I play bass and drums. Because of my choice of instruments, I can find a band wherever I go.

Quote by MightyAl
Also, by learning ANY AC/DC song on drums, you'll have learned EVERY AC/DC song on drums.
After learning Back in Black, I'm afraid of learning any more AC/DC songs; I didn't know it was possible to fall asleep while drumming....
Seven Nation Army
Though I'm not sure if you'll be able to handle it

EDIT: To be actually helpful, try Resist by Rush, watch this video if you're like my friend and need to see a drum cover video before you can drum a song. Resist
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Last edited by Jusman at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by Jusman
Seven Nation Army

Though I'm not sure if you'll be able to handle it
It's actually trickier than most people realize, because some people aren't good at using the hi-hat pedal, which she does through all the verses.

Still, that's actually a good suggestion to starting drummers; I already know it.
Quote by herby190
After learning Back in Black, I'm afraid of learning any more AC/DC songs; I didn't know it was possible to fall asleep while drumming....

This is true, drumming can be boring if you play simple songs. Once you have the basic beats down, it is a good idea to try and challenge yourself early on in drumming, I think. I played my first gig on drums after a month.

Anyway, here are a few more songs I've learned recently. Not sure if you'll like the music, but they definitely helped in different areas of drumming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKzA3d4DnrU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n3yqkanP44 - Particularly good for improving the consistency and power of your single pedal playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grgK7mERO7Y - This song has been amazingly helpful in improving my high hat technique, as you need to use your left foot on the high hat in sync with the right hand on the ride, and get the tom fills in. Tricky, but I think it's better to try something like this than just play simple beats.
the intro to down with the sickness is fun. and so is the intro to enter sandman...
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
A7X...

Honor The Rev

R.I.P
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
I was gonna say some Mastodon, but you don't have a ride.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by flanders_91
the intro to down with the sickness is fun. and so is the intro to enter sandman...
You need double bass for Down With The Sickness, if I remember right. Still, even just the tom part could be fun....