Well, I had this idea sometime a week or two ago. I have a slight buzz on both the 2nd fret low E and 12th fret high E. Basically, I figured I would wear down the 3rd fret and the 13th fret ever-so-slightly so I can have ever-so-slightly lower action. There is no buzz above or below these frets. Think its a good idea? Why? Why not?

I am not doing this until I get some input from you fine people, as I love my Ibby and only want to make it better, not mess it up.

What is your input?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Why not just get someone to change the action for you with the truss rod?
Machine F**king Head \m/
The neck has a TINY bit of back-bow, about 2mm. Think thats too much?
Quote by David Collins
If the neck actually had 2mm of backbow, that would be huge! If that were actually the case, your guitar would be entirely unplayable.

Take it in to a good tech for a proper fret dress and setup, and you won't regret it.
Well it must be much less. It actually plays fine, its just that it could play better. Nothing I am willing to spend a bunch of cash on, at least for a few years.

So your saying it's a bad idea?
Yes^. If you file those frets down, even a tad, it will cause others to buzz. There's a reason they do a fret level when you set up a guitar- so the frets are level.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by David Collins
Well you'll probably have to face the fact that if you want to improve it noticeably, you're going to have to spend some money on it. If you really want to make it better, you're going to have to get a fret dress. Other than that, it is what it is, and will be that way for a while.
Well like I said, it plays great; better than any of my friends guitars at least. I just think it could be a tad bit better. Hopefully I will go to school as a luthier within the next 5 years, and then I'll probably just do it myself. Or maybe just pay someone to do it. What does a good fret-dress go for nowdays?