I'm in the market for a flat neck, fast action 7 string guitar. I play mostly punk, pop punk, and metal. My budget is $800 max. I'm currently using a Cube 20x and a Peavey Vypyr 120W as amps. I was thinking about getting this, but I'm up for suggestions.
Ask in the 7 string thread.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by tonedeafidiot
I'm in the market for a flat neck, fast action 7 string guitar. I play mostly punk, pop punk, and metal. My budget is $800 max. I'm currently using a Cube 20x and a Peavey Vypyr 120W as amps. I was thinking about getting this, but I'm up for suggestions.
Sweet guitar and that model is now discontinued. Go for it!

Quote by VocalValantine
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Black-Knight-RS-50-Z7-7-String-Guitar-Oil-Black-2009-Model/A7L

At just 160£ these 7 strings are a steal, they look and play amazing for the price.

Dont let the brand or website put you off, ive seen them in real life on stage and they are real badass.
He's Tejano so it'll be cheaper for him to buy here in the States.

I'd grab one of those just because of the amazing price, though, if I was in the UK.

Gary kramer R36 turbulence if you want a little more. Most comfortable guitar I have ever played, also 36 frets. I have a review on it posted on here.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Ibanez, jackson, agile or schecter. Schecter and agile both have thicker necks while jackson and ibanez have thinner.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Zhuriel
Gary kramer R36 turbulence if you want a little more. Most comfortable guitar I have ever played, also 36 frets. I have a review on it posted on here.

36 Frets?

i'd go with the ibanez but thats probably because i'm biased. If you want a thin/fast neck though the Ibanez's and Jackson's are the way to go.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by VocalValantine
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Black-Knight-RS-50-Z7-7-String-Guitar-Oil-Black-2009-Model/A7L

At just 160£ these 7 strings are a steal, they look and play amazing for the price.

Dont let the brand or website put you off, ive seen them in real life on stage and they are real badass.

I wish I had known about those when I started playing! I would have skipped the cheap Epiphone and went straight into badassery!

EDIT: Also, the Ibanez in OP is pretty nice, and it fits your requirements perfectly.
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

Last edited by nick11link at Dec 30, 2009,