On your lunch break at work, every day you go outside and sit in the park on one of the benches and eat your food.

Every working day for 2 weeks a blind man makes his way to the same bench and you end up talking.

You find out that he has been blind since birth, likes to eat fruit (specifically oranges, apples and bananas) and is generally curious about everything.

One day, he holds up the orange he is about to peel and asks you to describe the color to him.

What do you say?
I steal (and say that I'm "inspecting") the orange and replace it with a plastic orange. That way I get a free orange and he doesn't know the difference.
The.
"What the fuck do you care?"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There is a short story by Raymond Carver about explaining cathedrals to a blind man. It's called Cathedral. Look it up.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
id say, what do you see where your blind? well ya its that color

he's blind he wouldnt know

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by Gmp
255 Red, 128 Green, 0 Blue

But yeah...it's pretty much impossible to describe color. Hell, you only know orange is orange because that's what someone told you it was called, to someone else orange could actually be blue.
Quote by FlyingPirahna

But yeah...it's pretty much impossible to describe color. Hell, you only know orange is orange because that's what someone told you it was called, to someone else orange could actually be blue.

so would they refer to the fruit as a blue? and then in turn they have orangeberries?

but yea i would explain that orange is not just the name of the fruit, but also a color, and that orange is the color of an orange.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
^that,

EDIT: the guy above him
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I would ask him why he cared what color it was when he had no idea what color actually was.
Last edited by NoBC14 at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by flanders_91
so would they refer to the fruit as a blue? and then in turn they have orangeberries?

but yea i would explain that orange is not just the name of the fruit, but also a color, and that orange is the color of an orange.

Are white grapes really white?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I'd tell him it looks like it smells.
And then ask him if he's ever been laid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
pretty much what kensai said

i mean what does he expect? does he think i can describe touch or smell or smission to people without those senses as well?
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
i would say it looks gross with something growing on it
then he would be like "DO NOT WANT LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL HEAR U GOH"
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by heavyairship
pretty much what kensai said

i mean what does he expect? does he think i can describe touch or smell or smission to people without those senses as well?

would you seriously say that to a blind man?
Oh the sock-lickers....

this reminds me of an article I read,
a little girl was returned froma summer camp because she didn't knew the colors and was making fun of it.
the mother asked what color is this and that and the girl always got it wrong,
and then the father confessed he intentionally teached color names to the kid wrong because he thought it would be fun
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Last edited by Canseqo at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by Le_Bunny
I'd probably liken it to things you'd associate the colour with or to be like, for example the warmth of a small fire, and the tone of a brass instrument such as a french horn or trumpet. That's probably as accurate as you could get.

This was my first thought. 'Warmth' specifically came to mind.
golden and warm colored like rays from the sun XD
Music is my refuge.
I can crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.

Quote by chaoticfables
You tell him it's an orange orange.

I think they named oranges before they named carrots.

"Ah, shit, what do we call these? Long pointies?"
While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded.