I'm getting a new cab for my Engl. What size should I get, a 4x12 or a 2x12? I don't want to be told brand names or wattage, since I know what brand to buy for the best. And yes, I play quite large shows against other bands with their big 4x12's omg!! (just kidding about saying 'omg' part :p). But yeah, which should I go for!?
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster: American Standard
Ibanez: RG370DX
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
What ENGL do you have and what do you play? And what brand is the best?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I prefer 2x12's overall

1x12's no ambience (if you know what I mean) and 4x12's are a pain to lug around.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I have an Engl Powerball Head I just recieved as a present and well, no brand is like 'good' but I mean like, I know what I'll buy in a cabinet. I just wanna see what everyone thing is more handy and 'better' (whether lugging around a 4x12 or 'carrying' a 2x12) oh and, I play Death Metal mixed with some other stuff (band-wise).
Guitars:
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
Last edited by Dr Hullabaloo at Dec 30, 2009,
and yes, 1x12's are quite blah, and yes I'm gathering myself 2x12's are extremely easy to carry around and not a pain compared to the 4x12's.
Guitars:
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab