Hey everyone i just bought this amp a week ago and it had been working for over a year i know the seller so he definitely did not tamper with this me and the seller have both checked the speaker and everything is soldered fine we are wondering if this is the power amp or if it could be the power cable (not the official line 6 cable) the pre amp is definitely working because all the lights for the effects are turning on and responding as normal. There is no feedback even if you take the channel volume and Master and put them to 11. What is there to do?
Its not uncommon for spiders to just quit like that. The lights may be on etc but no sound. If its not the speaker or cable then its probably the power amp section.
thats what we were thinking but if it is indeed the power amp how do we go about fixing the problem?
Quote by Tackleberry
Its not uncommon for spiders to just quit like that. The lights may be on etc but no sound. If its not the speaker or cable then its probably the power amp section.

unless its a spider 3. they quite frequently have issues with losing sound.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by Rayne Destroyer
thats what we were thinking but if it is indeed the power amp how do we go about fixing the problem?

It's not gonna be worth fixing. The cost of the fix will likely be more than what you paid for it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
anyone know of any techs on this site that i could be directed to? or just someone who knows about these things more in depth
Roc8995 is pretty helpful and knows his shit. He's a mod.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
you've tested the headphone / line out?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you might want to do that for the hell of it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hi, sorry I'm late.
Yes, testing with headphones is a good idea. If it works with headphones, the power amp is most likely fried, in which case you can either buy a standalone power amp, or another amp entirely. Fixing power amps in these amps is really not an option due to the parts and troubleshooting involved.

The other option though, if the amp doesn't work with headphones, would be the volume pot. SS amps often have issues with the volume pot going bad or coming loose from the contacts on the board. That is certainly fixable, though usually the amp will make some sound if it's the volume pot.