I'm kinda just getting into sweep picking. I've been playing for 2 years in April.

I know that sweep picking uses arpeggios. I know an arpeggio is the 1st, 3rd, and 5 notes in the scale.

What i don't know is, how to put an arpeggio on the fretboard.

With the A minor arpeggio, I don;t know where to put the C or the E note. I don;t know if I should put the C note one string higher or on the same strign or what.

If someone could help me with this that would be nice.

Also, if someone could show me some sweep picking exercies that would cool to.
Arpeggios = Chords with each note played separately...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Blckspawn
I'm kinda just getting into sweep picking. I've been playing for 2 years in April.

I know that sweep picking uses arpeggios. I know an arpeggio is the 1st, 3rd, and 5 notes in the scale.

What i don't know is, how to put an arpeggio on the fretboard.

With the A minor arpeggio, I don;t know where to put the C or the E note. I don;t know if I should put the C note one string higher or on the same strign or what.

If someone could help me with this that would be nice.

Also, if someone could show me some sweep picking exercies that would cool to.

You put the notes wherever you want to put them...that's the beauty of the guitar, lots of options. However the whole point of sweep picking is that you play one note per string - I really don't think you should be bothering with it yet though as it sounds like you've got a way to go before you'll actualyl be able to make any use of the technique.

Also an arpeggio is not "the 1st, 3rd and 5th notes in the scale"...an arpeggio is just a sequence of chord tones played one after the other as opposed to at the same time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 31, 2009,
Quick google search finds lessons, i'm sure there are lessons on this site too.
http://www.shredacademy.com/lessons/m_campese3.htm

Should be some patterns on there that get you feeling what sweep picking is all about!

As people have said, sweep picking usually only PLUCKS one note on each string, often sweep exercises incorporate hammer on/pull offs too.

They can get extremely difficult.

check these lessons-
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?value=sweep&search_type=lessons
This should go in the guitar techniques forum.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.