Poll: which on is better
Poll Options
View poll results: which on is better
new peavey valveking 112
1 25%
used Kustom 36 coupe
3 75%
Voters: 4.
I been looking for a tube amp. but I dont have enough money to buy a Marshall, messa-boogie or JSX.

I play mostly soft rock like satch and GNR. so I dont need a high gain amp.

so wich is better a new valveking 112 or a used kustom 36 that I founded on ebay for about the same price of the used valveking. ?

thanks for ur help
The Valveking isn't great for clean tones. It's distortion is alright, I thought it was pretty good, but a lot of people seem to disagree. It's more harsh than warm sounding.

I haven't tried the 36 Coupe, but I have tried Kustom's Defender amp, which had 1 channel, but it sounded awesome clean, but it was kinda hard to get a lot of drive out of it on its own. I would think the 36 Coupe is capable of a bit more.
i used a kustom coupe at my last gig. its not mine but it was very nice. go with that. i used it used so it should work for you too used.

its not a high gain monster. great for classic rock and soft rock like you like. check out the youtube videos in my sig. both guitarists are using a kustom coupe

great clean tones and can get dirty real nice for when you need it
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Dec 30, 2009,
heres more ear candy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rX_qIILZyU

EDIT: he doesnt start playing till 2:54. everything before is describing the amp for people who are interested in buying it, like you
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by sashki
The Valveking isn't great for clean tones. It's distortion is alright, I thought it was pretty good, but a lot of people seem to disagree. It's more harsh than warm sounding.

You are absolutely full of yogurt. The VK clean channel is an exact copy of every popular Fender amp. The cleans are great and the distortion is average.
I really liked the coupe I had. The lead channel can get plenty heavy and of course a TS9 or other OD will make it even heavier. I had mine for little over 3 years never had a problem with it.