Hey guys.

As the title says, I've had a problem with my amp. One day, I switched it on, but the lights didn't turn on. This had happened me before, quite a few times, so I just switched it off, waited a bit, and turned it on again. Usually, this would work but it doesn't anymore.

I connected it with my computer and the sound was working normally. So I think it's just a problem with the channels, but it's just a guess.

So, do you think repairing it would be expensive? I don't want to spend a lot of money, but it is the only amp I have.
How old is it? If you are willing to spend money to repair it, you might just want to think of investing in a better amp. I had a Spider III 75 for a while and it worked nicely until it started doing what you described. I went with a Spider Valve 40w and it's been amazing to me for a year now. It was $600 when i bought it but it's half that now
Looks like the amp fixed itself.

Now what's your budget for replacement?
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
could be a cheap fix, but you never know until you have a tech check it out. its all guessing until then...
Quote by mansoor.h
Looks like the amp fixed itself.

Now what's your budget for replacement?

I know, I know. It's my first amp, you wouldn't expect a Marshall stack, would you?

Quote by HazeDazeforDays
How old is it? If you are willing to spend money to repair it, you might just want to think of investing in a better amp. I had a Spider III 75 for a while and it worked nicely until it started doing what you described. I went with a Spider Valve 40w and it's been amazing to me for a year now. It was $600 when i bought it but it's half that now

It is about one year old. I can't afford a new amp right now, my parents bought me a new guitar but deposited my money in the bank, making it inacessible until I am 18
I'm thinking about getting a summerjob and then getting a new amp, but it's a lot of time until then.

Quote by gregs1020
could be a cheap fix, but you never know until you have a tech check it out. its all guessing until then...

I hoped someone knew or had been through the same situation. I do want to get it repaired, but would like to know how much it would be. Thanks anyway.
Quote by PnT
I hoped someone knew or had been through the same situation. I do want to get it repaired, but would like to know how much it would be. Thanks anyway.

My guess is that unless its something that's relatively easy to access and replace, its not looking good for your amp.

Other than tube amps, most other amps usually cost more to fix than they do to replace.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by PnT
Problem with my Line 6 Spider III 30w

I think I found your problem.

(Sorry, I never get to be a dick about Spiders! And now that my MG is gone, I get a chance!)
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by PnT

we had one in for repair for a similar thing. we ended up just giving them a new one.

this is one reason to get the extended warranty.
I'll just take it to a technician and hope it doesn't get too expensive