Alright, so ive just rebuilt an old computer i had, and installed an Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card, and bought a mixer, and im turning a room in my basement into a little studio.

There is only one problem, i dont know what software i should use to record, so im asking you!

btw: im running windows 7.
The pick of destiny wasn't made from the tooth of the devil, it was made from mine.
if your mostly recording live tracks and can afford a digitech or maudio interface id get protools. if your doing a lot of midi stuff id get ableton. you could also check out cubase though. obviously you dont actually have to buy any of these (theyre all ridiculously expenseiv) just use bittorrent.
Quote by spacedoutbad
if your mostly recording live tracks and can afford a digitech or maudio interface id get protools. if your doing a lot of midi stuff id get ableton. you could also check out cubase though. obviously you dont actually have to buy any of these (theyre all ridiculously expenseiv) just use bittorrent.

+ overninethousand

EDIT:

Quote by greyson120
You could try audacity. It's free and reliable.
...or this
Audacity plain SUCKS if you're going to do more than just record, it lacks metronome and beat/measure lines, ...

Reaper is awesome... and i also recommend you to try Mixcraft, it's ****ing easy to learn.
Adobe Audition might not be a bad idea, or a step up from that you could get Cubase.