So I got my DD3 yesterday, and most of it is good, except when I use any setting but hold, and turn the Feedback all the way up so it repeats contiguously. When I do this at any level except hold(12.5-50, 200-800, etc.) after about 10 'repeats' it starts to rape itself and get a screeching sound, and soon after the delay is inaudible. I was wondering, is this a problem with the DD3 pedals in general or my pedal? If you need a video of the sound I can get one sometime. Thanks for any help.
That's just what happens when you turn the feedback all the way up. You essentially tell the pedal to repeat infinitely, therefore it does. Some players have used this interesting electronic effect to their advantage though...
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
Quote by TdotBass
That's just what happens when you turn the feedback all the way up. You essentially tell the pedal to repeat infinitely, therefore it does. Some players have used this interesting electronic effect to their advantage though...

So it's supposed to be inaudible after about 20 seconds?
Yes.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
When my delay pedal doesn't work, I just get 3 guitars and play the same thing a few tenths of a second later, and it sounds fine. Not too easy though, I must admit.
Quote by zipmike
When my delay pedal doesn't work, I just get 3 guitars and play the same thing a few tenths of a second later, and it sounds fine. Not too easy though, I must admit.

ha
Quote by TdotBass

+1

I use this to my advantage live. Let the feedback build up at the end of the last sog then twiddle the speed and eq knobs. You get some fooked up sounds outta the thing. Nice way to give a set a definitive and blistering end.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by rhcp4ever77
Though I do wish it would just play what I tell it to play and not rape it.

Just leave the feedback at 12 o clock. You'll get plenty of repeats and no "rape. "

EDIT: Anywhere from 12 to 3 o clock. If you can't read analogue time, then there's no hope for you anyway...
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Last edited by gerardwayne at Dec 31, 2009,