is this amp loud enough for band practices?
we used a 40watt washburn bass amp before that and we couldnt hear it at all.
my friend can grab a good condition ba115 for only 179 bucks.
is it okay for practice?
for gigging we can just use a PA but we dont have one for practice so ya

and he uses a cheap squier bass...will a better bass make it louder?
like hotter pickups or something?
idk anything about bass so...

thanks
That amp will do the job for practice.
definitely. I've used that amp quite often, and it's a pretty solid amp. It'll definitely be loud enough for a band practice.
I don't like ampegs. If he does, that's all good.
I don't know anything about that model but with a 1x15 speaker, you're probably going to want 200-300watts.
Always get a good amp before a better bass, the amp controls everything more except for the feel.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
You should be able to hear that one just fine. =]
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by gilly_90
I don't like ampegs. If he does, that's all good.
I don't know anything about that model but with a 1x15 speaker, you're probably going to want 200-300watts.
Always get a good amp before a better bass, the amp controls everything more except for the feel.

i know amps are more important but we are on a super tight budget.
i think he is gonna get that ampeg for sure.
but will it be heard in a 3 piece with vocals also?
everything i read says no, but everything i'm directly told says ya it will so idk you know?
I wouldn't buy it.
I would save for longer and get something powerful enough. (or at least loud enough) I use a 500W full stack with a drummer, 2 guitarists (both 60W solid state amps) and vocals and I have my amp on 4 most of the time.
Push a solid state too much and risk clipping and sacrificing a lot of tone.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by herrotim
i know amps are more important but we are on a super tight budget.
i think he is gonna get that ampeg for sure.
but will it be heard in a 3 piece with vocals also?
everything i read says no, but everything i'm directly told says ya it will so idk you know?

In all reality, it depends on how loud the drummer plays.
However, I'm positive that the ba115 is loud enough. I've never met a drummer that can over play that thing. Sure you can save up for a full stack, but that's just a bit too excessive IMO.
I don't think a full stack is excessive. It's always good to have more headroom, because you don't know what you'll be playing over the next couple years.

The BA 115 should be OK.
I play a 100w Crate in my worship band and it does it enough for service.
I do have to turn to about 2'oclock though, so the tone worsens, but it's loud enough.

I would go for more wattage if you can, but 100 should be enough.
Oh by all means, a full stack isn't excessive, if going professional. But, OP just wanted something for practice. He said for gigging he could just use the PA system, which the BA115 would be useful, because it does have an output.
But I mean, if you have the money, definitely go for the full stack.
Otherwise, a BA115 will take you a long way, until you go professional.

But this is just my opinion.
It will certainly get you through practice and small gigs. I mean, I could over power a fairly loud drummer, a 60 watt 2x12 Tube amp my guitarist is using, and 2 vocals with a 35 watt 1x12. If your running a 1x15 with about 100 watts of power you should have enough to punch through. I mean it's worked for me and I know everyone says 200-300 watts but I've found 100 watts to be enough. I am however saving up for for a 410 cabinet. I will soon be upgrading however.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
From my experience with it, I'd say it's fine. I play with a metal band with a ridiculously loud drummer and a 120 watt 4x12 guitar half-stack and although I could do with a bit more headroom, I can definitely be heard.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I did a gig with it as my backline. Suffitient to hear yourself over a drummer and a guitarist with a 2x12" 100w solidstate.