so, by the end of the month i should have like $4000 so i was thinking bout redoing my rig. sometimes i love my rig other times i hate it so why not just redo it.

so can anyone just recomend me and amp, pedals, and even a guitar to get to that $ amount. oh and even maybe an acoustic

i play everything from clean things to greenday to heavier things such as metallica, day too remember and protest the hero. so im gunna need versatile equipment.

thanks, have fun
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Last edited by LG555 at Dec 30, 2009,
Mesa Boogie Mark V for an amp IMO.

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
Used Diezel Herbert/VH4 or VHT UL or ENGL SE + Mills Acoustics cabinet or maybe a Splawn Nitro or Mark V.
Last edited by thrasher. at Dec 30, 2009,
Lots of good choices in the new Laney range too, some very tasty alternatives that you might like.
As for guitars, you just have to try lots of different ones, when you pick up the right one you'll know.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Two amps for stereo awesomeness!

Er.. what kind of wattage do you want?

Anyway her we go:

Avatar 2x12 or 4x12... whatever you prefer.
Mesa Single Rectifier or Peavey JSX + something Vox.
Or for lower wattage I would go with Jet City 20W Head + Vox Night Train (toaster ftw)
Guitar, I recommend Schecter C-1 Classic, ESP EC-1000, or Ibanez RG something but who knows just find something you really like.
Pedals.. I don't know. ABY switch if you end up going with a stereo rig, maybe an EQ...

That's basically everything I would buy with $4000 haha.

Edit: A soldano head would also be awesome.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Dec 30, 2009,
PRS make pretty versatile guitars. Custom 24 maybe?
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
whats the difference between the mesa rectifiers and also the road king.
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
or what pedals can i get to make my rig a lot better so i dont have to buy a new amp and can get a guitar and maybe sum recording equipment or would an amp be better
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
ehh..I don't know about this..if you have 4 grand and you don't know what you're gonna buy...

I'd get an amp, then some pedals. Check proguitarshop.
meh
Go two amps

Fender Bassman clone/Hiwatt for cleans and light OD (maybe even an OD pedal for this)
I'd suggest

For gain/crunch/metal, go for a Soldano SLO100/Decatone/Avenger, or a Diezel Herbert/Einstein/VH4
I'd stay away from ENGL amps because the majority of them sound way to saturated for my taste, then again it might be nice to your ears...

Quote by LG555
whats the difference between the mesa rectifiers and also the road king.

The RK has way too many knobs, click the link in my sig, that's just the back panel...
Diezel Einstein, Orange 4x12

Won't need your Traynor YCV40T, Digitech Grunge, or EXH Metal Muff
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Here's my $.02
If you have that much to spend you should be looking at custom stuff. Or, instead of making a thread where you're getting a bunch of different suggestions of other peoples dream rigs, you could search out some of the gear guru's that post here and ask them personally to get a good recommendation. :-)

Sorry I couldn't suggest anything gear wise because I've never played anything near that price
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by tr3nt
Here's my $.02
If you have that much to spend you should be looking at custom stuff. Or, instead of making a thread where you're getting a bunch of different suggestions of other peoples dream rigs, you could search out some of the gear guru's that post here and ask them personally to get a good recommendation. :-)

Sorry I couldn't suggest anything gear wise because I've never played anything near that price

That's a lie, you own a roadster dude. Last I checked those are pretty up there in the price.
how do u like ur roadster? can u get a large variety in sounds such as a good clean and anything from punk to heavy metal?
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Quote by LG555
how do u like ur roadster? can u get a large variety in sounds such as a good clean and anything from punk to heavy metal?

Yes it's amazing but you have $4k

I got my roadster for $1800
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

welll i dont wanna use all that on just an amp i wanna also get sum equipment and a guitar
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Well like I said I would ask a few of the gear guru's here, most of the people here just suggest what they hear from other threads.

But a Gibson SG is a very rad guitar. I can't really think of anything I'd rather have right now.

Take a gander at the Randall RMH100 for your versatility. Good luck finding a used Herbert or VH4 for under $3000. By the time you get the head and a cab, you're broke and you can't afford a switcher or a new guitar.

If you're more interested in higher-end gear, check out a used Bogner Extacy or an Engl Powerball.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.