By no means am I an expert in this genre of film. But I have watched the Saw films, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Exorcist, and by no means can I understand at all how these are scary? This isnt some cliche, but it makes no sense to me. So please pit, as I am a noob when it comes to horror. Please reccomend me some good ones, that actually live up to their name. Thanks guys.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Little Miss Sunshine. It's pretty scary how much that movie sucked.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Vacancy, Hostel and Hostel 2.
I watched the marathon on DirectTV yesterday haha
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by itchy guitar
Little Miss Sunshine. It's pretty scary how much that movie sucked.

Shut it.

Teeth.

You'll never want to go near a woman again.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Shut it.

Teeth.

is that the one where the chick has teeth on her vagina and bites dudes dicks off with them?
Last edited by catalan123 at Dec 30, 2009,
28 Days Later.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by catalan123
is that the one where the chick has a teeth on her vagina and bites dudes dicks off with them?

Yes, yes it is.

It is more disgusting than it sounds. And tacky.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Old ones.

Hitchcock's "The Birds." Stuff like that. The only semi-recent one I thought was any sort of actual horror was Event Horizon.

90% of 'horror' movies these days are just violent movies about people getting hacked up. That's not horror, it's boring mindless violence. If you want some good horror, go read some H.P. Lovecraft books.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
stop beating round the bush and get all the exorcist films.
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Lets see: Quarantine (cheesy but thriller none the less), The Unborn (scary as hell if you're watching it in the middle of the night with a group of friends out in a cabin in the middle of no where >.<, Paranormal Activity, Blood Creek, The Broken, ummm the Mirror (not the greatest though), any of the Underworld series they don't scare me that much though, Amnityville Horror, Evil Angel, Halloweennight, My Bloody Valentine, A Haunting in Conneticut, Black Dahlia (after the Black Dahlia Murder), Hush, The Killing Room, um Interview with a Vampire (its old and more of a story but still classic), Shutter (I liked it, it's not too scary but there's some gore in there) um if you're into classic old time horror I guess the Birds, or anything by Stephen King, The Haunting, The Uninvited, Isle of the Dead, The Exorcist (all time classic), or the Twighlight Zone series, or the Tripods but they're really not that great with special effects, there's a ton more but this should last you a while
Music is my refuge.
I can crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.

castle freak, its good movie & its horror not mindless violence.
or try the old 'of the dead movies....
Quote by bluekirby7
Vacancy, Hostel and Hostel 2.

...are all perfect examples of movies you shouldn't watch if you're looking for a good horror movie.

The only movie that's done it to me in the past few years has been The Descent. I think my claustrophobia had a lot to do with it, but even without that it was a very well-executed movie.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Funny Games and The Shining.
Best horror films ever.
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
Quote by Venice King
Shut it.

Teeth.

I only read the wikipedia entry on it and it turned me gay for awhile, until I forgot about it, but thank you ever so much for reminding me. Asshole.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by strat0blaster
Old ones.

Hitchcock's "The Birds." Stuff like that. The only semi-recent one I thought was any sort of actual horror was Event Horizon.

90% of 'horror' movies these days are just violent movies about people getting hacked up. That's not horror, it's boring mindless violence. If you want some good horror, go read some H.P. Lovecraft books.

Oh my god! I just got the commemorative version of the Necronomicon! (the collection of Lovecraft's stories, not the real book of the dead, as cool as that would have been.) I'm almost finished The Call of Cthulu, and its amazing!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ