I'm thinking of purchasing a Zoom G2, im going to be playing it from a hag sweede, to the zoom, then to my Vox VT50. I'm hoping to obtain GnR/ LZ tone. Does it sound like a winner?
My Gear
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
bump
My Gear
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)
Multi effect --> modeling amp probably won't sound good. What's the Zoom even have that you want so much that the Valvetronix doesn't?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

this sounds like a terrible idea. sounds like a major LOSER honestly. you say you're doing it to get that GnR and TL tone? so i'm assuming it's not for the effects primarily.

your amp will get closer to those tones than that pedal into it will, let alone that pedal through just about ANY amp will. i know what you're lacking...it's the same thing i was lacking like 2 and a half years ago when i had one of the original Vox AD30VTs....power valve crunch. you need a valve amp to get some natural grit in there. that's where you're missing that distinguishable crunch and balls. as far as GnR goes, you're not gonna be on your way until you've got a valve amp with el84s at the LEAST, but preferably el34s.

don't try getting a pedal to fix this if it's related to the tone and not the actual effects (though, why would you be after GnR and TL effects like this...GnR doesn't require effects period to sound like a GnR song...wah is about the only effect that anyone would notice live if Slash didn't use it). that's just putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. heed those words...or just go ahead and fool yourself into thinking that a pedal will get you the sound lol...that's just more money spent on your part if you do.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Because, The effects on the Vox VT50 sound pretty cheap, I've heard good things from people running a zoom through a modeling amp, I've decided to buy it, worst comes to worst, ill get my money back. I did plenty of research on it, read reviews, listened to demos, Thanks for the feedback though, Cheers.

~Tyler
My Gear
Vox VT50 (new)
Hagstrom Sweede
Chevelle(1987) (Sold)