The way i learned squealies was by sliding your thumb slightly out and then picking followed by your thumb. My question is how are some guitarists able to slide their thumb forward and back to play the harmonics, then play the regular notes? When i do pinch harmonics it takes me a while to slide my thumb forward and slide back. i can't play some of those songs at full speed. Help? THNX UGers!
Last edited by fatchik69 at Dec 30, 2009,
i dont use my thumb i actually use my pinky it makes it a lot easier for me to do them you should give it a try
why slide back your thumb you can just alwayskeep your thumb close to the pick but out of the way when regular picking and when you do a pinch just strum with a kind J motion so that your thumb barely touches the string and you get a harmonic but the best thing i could say is to practice the harmonics
It comes naturally with time. I honestly couldn't explain the motion anymore. If you practice it a lot, eventually it will be second nature. Look at something like the chorus to Cemetery Gates by Pantera
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Quote by catalan123
i dont use my thumb i actually use my pinky it makes it a lot easier for me to do them you should give it a try

wow, i was never taught that. i just tried it and it is much easier. i feel ecstatic! thnx!
Last edited by fatchik69 at Dec 30, 2009,
look up videos on youtube
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Quote by catalan123

how the hell do you do that?
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!