Hi I am currently playing a Godin freeway classic and I had on a set of elixers for about three months (great strings) and I started getting some buzz. So I decided to put on my new DRs to fix the problem and the problem continued. Any help?
well the first buzz sounds like from old strings and the new buzz probably from a change in gauge are you using the same size of string
where's the buzz. what string, what fret?

did you try raising the action at the bridge yet?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it is on all the strings no matter what fret and it sometimes stops for a few minutes. I haven't raised the action and I don't think I should because I would probably screw something up.
well you can raise the action a little, unless you find it's buzzing at the first few frets, and or, the action is already high.

in that case, you'll you'll want to measure the neck's relief.

simple instructions found if you click the green link in my sig. first post.

i'm talking really simple. i havent lost a guitar yet.

you can look that over and post back for more info .
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Dec 30, 2009,
ok, i'm taking off for the night. but i check that thread every morning.

so if you have any questions, then post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

If it’s been three months then the change from autumn to winter has probably caused your neck to shift and you need to adjust the truss rod.
I got this problem too I'm using D'addarios Light Top/Heavy Bottom and on my lowest string on the first few frets I'm getting the buzz, the lowest string is 0.52.