Anyone here know about guitar wiring? My guitar has 2 humbuckers, a volume knob for each pick up (2), a tone knob and a three way switch.
The bridge pup went out so I opened it up assuming the wire came loose (old guitar), the wire did come loose from the switch, so I resoldered it and then the jack wire came loose so I resoldered THAT and I think I put it in the wrong place, now they both work but they won't work TOGETHER, like the neck pup works alone, the bridge works alone but with the switch in the middle position, no sound. HELP PLEASE?
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Nothing, it's like the middle position turns it off.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
I think I know your issue, you did something stupid. Could we please think before opening up a guitar?
No need to be a dick mike.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
you probably needed to connect the bridge back to two lugs on the switch, not just one
go to the wiring thread in GB&C and you'll find a lot of helpful people and info there and links to wiring diagrams to help you fix it

edit: here
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Dec 30, 2009,
Thanks Justin.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
When in doubt, nothing like a good old Seymour Duncan wiring diagram to refer to!

link
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401