so i have the opportunity to pick up a japanese Lotus brand '52 telecaster copy for $100. i was wondering if you guys knew anything about Lotus guitars? are they any good?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
how bad can it be for a hundred bucks...
speaking of that anyone played a slammer explorer copy? me buddies selling it for 50$, I say its a steal, how bad can it be?
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Heylo12
speaking of that anyone played a slammer explorer copy? me buddies selling it for 50$, I say its a steal, how bad can it be?

well, the lotus is a starter guitar.
I don't think it's a particularly amazing starter guitar, but as a starter guitar, you shouldn't really be expecting quality.
I would be cautious, the both of you, about buying cheap guitars by offbrand companies like that, lest you end up with so much "low-end" gear.
even if the electronics suck i can replace all that and it would be pretty good though
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by ccatrackstar
even if the electronics suck i can replace all that and it would be pretty good though

I say go for it tbh. It says the High end models run now for $100-$300 so I'd say you could get a pretty solid guiar out of that
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Heylo12

I have the slammer strat rip off and it isnt that bad. A bit above the Squires I played, but below the MIM/MIJ fenders. Not sure how close the Explorer and Strat's qualities are since my parents bought mine new 11 years ago for $150.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W