So i have some money to spend, and am trying to achieve somewhat of a warmer, clearer tone. I am using a solid ash tele, fralin pickups, running into a fender frontman 212r. My gear isn't fantastic, but i think it's suitable enough that with a couple of pedals(I'm using none) i could achieve a better sound. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to gear.

Two things i'm considering

BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer Pedal

MXR M-108 Ten Band Graphic EQ

The settings on my amp are

Bass-7 mids-5 treble-4

I also roll off the tone all the way on my tele, can anyone who is GEAR-SMART give me some input on whether buying one of, or both of these pedals will allow me to get more of the sound i'm looking for?
you should be able to get the clear warm tone you're looking for without any pedals, you have one of the warmest guitars (the tele) and fender amps are known for thier clarity. Give some real thought into your EQ and your guitar.

The bestr way for you to warm up that guitar is buy a nice tube amp.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Try to keep the treble and bass within 1 number up or down from eachother.
Try
Mids:6
Bass:8
Treble:7

That could sound closer to what you need.
Also play with your guitars selector switch.

EDIT: And keep the volume and tone knobs on your guitar at 10
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by julzius
you should be able to get the clear warm tone you're looking for without any pedals, you have one of the warmest guitars (the tele) and fender amps are known for thier clarity. Give some real thought into your EQ and your guitar.

The bestr way for you to warm up that guitar is buy a nice tube amp.

Toodles!

Don't listen to this n00b. He's absolutely clueless. Teles are known for their bright, spanky sound, not a warm tone. And Fenders aren't really known for clarity. They're known for a nice sparkle on BF style amps and a nice grind on Tweed style amps. And your Fender sounds nothing like real Fenders. But a tube amp would help with your problem. I'd also use the neck pickup, maybe with the tone knob rolled back slightly but definitely not all the way.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs