I got bored so I decided to pick up the rest of crazy train from a while ago when i was starting out on guitar.
Problem is that there are so many variations of the Scale-like riff (lets call it that) at the very end of the solo where he does his bend on the 19th fret/B

I first got it off of the Guitar Pro version telling me to go 12-14-16 on E and working my way down to the neck.
I started watching videos on youtube where i noticed there wouldn't be 3 notes per string like in the Guitar Pro version and it looked INCREDIBLY EASY like they just completely skipped half of it .

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY VERSIONS OF IT !? Can someone lead me to the one they think is the most correct?

Ps. Im new to these forums and its my 3rd post, I'm not sure if this is in the right place in the forums.
Play whatever sounds good. It doesn't have to be perfect. I doubt there are many guitarist that play they're solo perfectly note for note from the studio version live.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
theres many versions because you can play the same notes in different places. people did the tabs probably by ear. so they just found the notes and played. some people found a different way to play them.

find the one that seems to make the most sense to you and the the one that you can actually play. as to which one is the "real" version, hard to say. the more you listen to a player, the more you understand their style. possibly in time you might figure out which is closer to what he played. over time you begin to know what string sounds like what and what licks are what and how they are played. like i listen to a lot of hendrix, clapton an SRV. its at a point where i know their playing style like the back of my hand. so when i hear them play, i have a good idea of what they are doing because ive watche/listened to them so much.

just keep listening and watching and figure it out. there might be video lessons on youtube. its a pretty well known solo.
The Hal Leonard book I have has the first one you said with the 12 14 16, but you should do whatever you think sounds good.
Quote by Dosu25
I got bored so I decided to pick up the rest of crazy train from a while ago when i was starting out on guitar.
Problem is that there are so many variations of the Scale-like riff (lets call it that) at the very end of the solo where he does his bend on the 19th fret/B

I first got it off of the Guitar Pro version telling me to go 12-14-16 on E and working my way down to the neck.
I started watching videos on youtube where i noticed there wouldn't be 3 notes per string like in the Guitar Pro version and it looked INCREDIBLY EASY like they just completely skipped half of it .

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY VERSIONS OF IT !? Can someone lead me to the one they think is the most correct?

Ps. Im new to these forums and its my 3rd post, I'm not sure if this is in the right place in the forums.

Forget what everyone else said about which version they think is right, there is only one way:

USE YOUR EARS. They are your greatest tool in making music and learning to discern something like this is a skill that is sorely missing from most players abilities. Stop asking questions and start playing the different versions of the run alongside the record until you find the one that you think sounds most 'right'.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ same goes for the fingering. You'd be surprised how many professionally transcribed tabs there out there that tell you to use fingering that would make it impossible to hit 80% tempo, let alone 100%. Figure out what makes the most sense for you.