Title says a lot but allow me to elaborate.

First off, I am going to be running a Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster through a Kustom 36 Coupe.

In regards to what I play and what I am looking for, I play a decent bit of tasteful shredding intertwined with My Bloody Valentine-esque shoegaze. I would like something that sounds especially nice for lead playing. I have a slew of fuzz pedals for my experimental stuff. However, I am in dire need of a decent overdrive for the lead outings that I do.
You can get a Keeley TS9 for under $180. It'll thicken the mids for leads but the Keeley mod will eliminate the bass loss and make it a touch more transparent.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Why don't you respond young one? He gave you an option, care to make a rebuttal?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
if you are going to go for a TS i wouldn't suggest a keeley mod. It's twice the price of a stock one and IMO there is nothing wrong with the stock sound. if you want a higher quality TS then just go with the 808.
I'd be looking at the Crowther Hotcake, Carl Martin Crunch Drive, Fulltone OCD (or Dano Cool Cat Drive, same thing but cheaper), Skreddy Screwdriver and anything else that happens to take your fancy.