I have a 1971 Gibson SG. It has a rather slim neck. It's a natrual brown finish. I'm pretty sure it has a rosewood body. Creme edges on the sides. It has a small pick guard just like on the Angus Young signature SG. Mint condition. How much is it worth?
Last edited by Toguchay at Dec 30, 2009,
Maybe a few thousand? I don't know the typical value of Norlins, but I would say... if in mint condition somewhere in the $2000-$5000 range? (Big range I know)
Do you have any pictures? I'm pretty good with older Gibson equipment, I might be able to help.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
It's probably worth giving to me. Other than that, nothing.

But honestly that's worhth a couple thousand. You lucky sonuvabittch.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Something like that would be worth quite a bit.

There is one on ebay for 3,000.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Gibson SG deluxe i believe. Sorry for the double.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
From your description, I'd estimate it at probably $3,200-$3,800.

Norlins aren't particulary favorable by many because a lot of Gibson's guitars during the 70's weren't top notch quality. Some say they were just slabs of wood glued together, this making them less desirable. However there are Norlins that are very desirable, like Les Paul Customs for example. If you have a mint 1971 SG and it plays good and everything is perfect with it, theres no doubt in my mind you won't get $3,800 easily.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
i'm new here. how to you make links to photo's. but yea i'll get them. and it's not a gibson sg deluxe
Last edited by Toguchay at Dec 31, 2009,
Pics and serial numbers would help.

SGs are not really pulling in big dough, 2K to 5K I wish!

I have been trying to sell two vintage SGs for months and just can't get people to meet my price and it's low. One is an 73 SG3 w mini humbuckers dot inlays 1 vol 1 tone. The other a 79 SG Exclusive only 478 produced. Both guitars are mint with original cases. The highest price I was offered was $1300.00 for the Exclusive. I have had them on Craig's list and in the classifieds a few calls and 1 or two very low ball offers no real buyers.

John
Really want to see some pictures, but yah around the 3,000-4,000 dollar range, Lucky man.
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
Gibson SGs are made of mahogany except for the new "Zoot Suit" SG, which is a laminate of some sort. Also, SGs aren't bound, so when you say it has creme edges, do you mean that it was a creme-colored guitar that has had the top refinished to natural?

If it has been refinished, it would affect the price. But Gibson SGs are great guitars, so unless you are strapped for cash, I would recommend hanging on to it. I sold my SG years ago and wish I hadn't.
^^ As far as I know the Zoot Suits are made of Birch Ply or something, which is plywood.
Just looked it up, laminated birch.

As for this guitar... I really wanna see it.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
^^ As far as I know the Zoot Suits are made of Birch Ply or something, which is plywood.
Just looked it up, laminated birch.

Yeah, this being opposed to a Garcia-style 'Hippie Sandwich' laminate which are known for bringing out the best qualities of all woods used.

Rosewood body you say? That might be something.