Page 1 of 2
www.myspace.com/Lesdiscrets

Les Discrets is a shoegaze, post-rock, experimental, acoustic folk, dark metal project. It is the sole musical creation of Fursy Teyssier who also played in Amesoeurs and has created artwork for other bands including, Alcest, Amesoeurs, Arctic Plateau, Agalloch, Neun Welten, The American Dollar, …

Les Discrets is the musical approach of Fursy Teyssier’ s artistic research. Originally animated film director, Fursy tends to evoque the same in both music and animation/illustration: contemplative and esoteric atmospheres, feelings, fears and sensations related to our life and world. His paintings, music or lyrics are mostly about Nature, the feeling of Love and his fear of Death.

The debut release, an EP, was expected to be released by UK label Todestrieb Records but the deal is cancelled for another label.

The first album “Septembre et ses dernières pensées” is about to be released in early 2010 as the first of the 5 albums signed with germany based label Prophecy Productions.

This year they released a split with Alcest. I highly recommend this band for fans of Alcest, Agalloch, Amesoeurs, Lantlôs, Ethereal Beauty.

Such beautiful music i have never heard before!

DISCUSS
"We carry death out of the village!"
gonna have to check this out if it's similar to Alcest.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Yeah, it's really good stuff. It reminds me much more of Amesoeurs than anything else though
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Great find, Marskell. Song for Mountains is awesome.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by Scout1011
Yeah, it's really good stuff. It reminds me much more of Amesoeurs than anything else though

Probably cause the dude is out of Amesoeurs. ive been listening to the split for about 3 hours now non stop. it is beyond anything i have ever heard! GAH why did i only find this now?! so amazing
Yeah he was the bassist from what I remember. I love his short films as well, check out those if you haven't.
Will do. The new alcest songs on the split are tits! he screams! this is amaz
Quote by Marskell
www.myspace.com/Lesdiscrets

Les Discrets is a shoegaze, post-rock, experimental, acoustic folk, dark metal project.

That is the gayest genre description I have ever heard, and makes me want to avoid this band already.

$20 says it just sounds like a mix of folk and post rock.
Seriously? Must you always gay up my threads?
well i dont know french so i dont know what it means
It means "The Quiet Ones" or something to that effect (limited French knowledge here), and the music is actually kinda a post-rock and folk combo (maybe not so much the latter), but it has that Amesoeurs-y coldwave sound which is awesome. Have a listen.
I need to check that out. I was going to buy it but spent all my money on the new Alcest... Has it leaked or officially released?
This is really well done,very beautiful indeed!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I liked the EP a ton more than the new album...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Both albums leaked like 2 weeks ago, the Alcestis album is ok but the Les discrete one is heaps better. Fuvking love it!!!!!
The new album is excellent. I've enjoyed it just as much if not more than Alcest's latest. Song for Mountains is so good.
Man, I wish Amesoeurs would just get a new album out.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild
Man, I wish Amesoeurs would just get a new album out.

Well, you probably know, but that's not going to happen.
While their full length was good it wasn't great. Rather unfortunate. Amesoeurs I mean.
I wouldn't rule out new Amesoeurs material, they could end up working together in the future. The main 3 members are working together in Alcest for live shows, the only member not working with any of the others being Audrey. Give it a few years, chances are they'll probably patch things up with her and give it another shot.
I'm really looking forward to the new album, been listening to the debut quite a bit lately and its really grown on me.
I also am looking forwards to the new album. Septembre et ses dernières Pensées was probably my second favourite album last year. And still get regular plays now.
Does anyone else have the Artbook edition?
Band needs more attention, full length is so damn good, stoked on new album.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
It's a nice EP. Far too short on the Les Discrets half, and the theme from the Persuaders wasn't the most exciting piece of music to begin with. But other than that, I love it.
one of my favorite bands/overall movements right now. fursy is awesome and his artwork is great too. i love amesoeurs alot too. and just got back from Alcest concert last night hah. i think the mix on the Arctic Plateau(also AWESOME) split has really really improved since the debut album, i think the Les Discrets sophomore album is going to be even better.

btw, didnt i see a thread for them like a year ago when the album came out? i think i remember people posting their special artbooks and whatnot. maybe it was the alcest thread, the special editions of that were there too.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Page 1 of 2