Hi, I wrote a song, with some chords, and I really wouldn't know which scale to use for my soloing. So I need someone who can figure out which scale my song is in.
Anywayz, here are the chords:

e:|----0-----
b:|----1-----
g:|----0-----
D:|----2-----
A:|----2-----
E:|----0-----

e:|----0-----
b:|----3-----
g:|----0-----
D:|----2-----
A:|----3-----
E:|----0-----

and then G, F, and Am

does this sound any logical to you?
I could send you a .gp5 if you need one, just pm me ur e-mail adress
1st one, I'd have said it was a C with root B, but then I saw you are playing the low E string. So don't know.

2nd one, again, I'd have said it was a Cadd9, but you're playing low E again. are you sure you're playing them?
You can just put the gp5 in your post as an attachement.
First one's Emb6, second is an Emb13. (the difference between those two is that the second has a m7)

Over those two chords you can use E minor, G major for the G, and I would use A dorian over the Am chord.(those are all modes of G minor, btw)

I don't know what to play over F.
Quote by wesselbindt
You can just put the gp5 in your post as an attachement.
First one's Emb6, second is an Emb13. (the difference between those two is that the second has a m7)

Over those two chords you can use E minor, G major for the G, and I would use A dorian over the Am chord.(those are all modes of G minor, btw)

I don't know what to play over F.

I thought of the second one as Cadd9/E. If TS drops the low E string on that it could just be a Cadd9, which I think sounds nicer.

I would use an E minor scale and just lower the second when I got to the F chord. Or he could make the progression:
E-b6 l C6 l G7 l F l A-

If he did that he could just stay in Phrygian the whole time.

NOTE: The dash "-" signifies minor.
Last edited by NoOne0507 at Dec 31, 2009,
The first chord is Cmaj7/E, and the second chord is Cadd9/E. I honestly have no idea.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
I'm just assuming the first one is an Em6? And the second is Cadd9/E.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Its in A minor
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by NoOne0507
I thought of the second one as Cadd9/E. If TS drops the low E string on that it could just be a Cadd9, which I think sounds nicer.

I would use an E minor scale and just lower the second when I got to the F chord. Or he could make the progression:
E-b6 l C6 l G7 l F l A-

If he did that he could just stay in Phrygian the whole time.

NOTE: The dash "-" signifies minor.

Phrygian is with the raised third, right?
So, I can just stay in E phrygian mode, when I do my solo?

ty
Quote by Karel Juwet
Phrygian is with the raised third, right?
So, I can just stay in E phrygian mode, when I do my solo?

ty

No. The song's in C, so you can play C major over it.