Has anyone heard this band?! I searched and found nothing.

It's the band of the guy called 'Chin' on youtube whose covered the whole of Fortress by PTH plus things like obfuscation.

They're all 17 it says. I'm absolutely amazed. Hugely like PTH, BTBAM in style. And they're 17!?

Jesus, I wish I could play like this.

http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Excellent musicians... music... eh. The melodies feel kinda pushy to me. The choruses are kinda cheesy and I don't much care for the extended guitar lines harmonized in thirds. And despite being a big BTBAM and PTH fan, I wish they'd lay off the arpeggios a bit.
Hey I know them. I watch Chin's videos regularly, and the band is pretty good.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Yeh I agree, a bit too many sweeps can begin to sound cheesy. What's wrong with thirds?
Quote by babakkatt

LOUD NOISES
Chin's videos are awesome. This is ok. I hope they start listening to less PTH and start showing their Dream Theater etc influence more. That could give them a push to awesomeness down the road.
I never liked the vocals. Music is meh. Being able to play your instruments well doesn't automatically mean you're an amazing band.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I never liked the vocals. Music is meh. Being able to play your instruments well doesn't automatically mean you're an amazing band.
*cough* pie *cough*
The songwriting in their songs is defintely above average, but it's kinda like they're "generic prog". Ocymoron, i know, but they don't bring anything totally new or unique to the table. They do what they do well though.
I meant that quality ALONE. Being able to play their instruments isn't the ONLY reason I think PIE is amazing.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Uh, Chin has an account on here. I've only heard of them because he posted something here. Going to check my old replies for his account.

edit: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/AmpleSteak/
Last edited by AloneInMyPlace at Jan 1, 2010,
ha, well if he sees this, dude, I'm envious of your skills.

Good luck cos your gunna go far.
Quote by babakkatt

LOUD NOISES
Lollin'.
Whoever from this band posts is a good dude, never watched any of Chin's vids and I enjoyed Closed For Tonight. I agree that they need to stop following PtH so much, but they've got serious potential to be awesome.