'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
If that's the only picture... I'd say yes. I don't think Epiphones come with stickers on their pickups?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Something about just seems fake. I can't put my eye on it, but I think the guitar is a fake.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Body shape seems a little off. Could just me the angle the photo was taken at. See if you can get some other photos.

Quote by Sumlover41
I don't think Epiphones come with stickers on their pickups?

They do, it's Gibsons that don't.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Cheers, You've confirmed my suspicions. I think i'll pass.

Sorry about posting the same picture, obv my copy and paste didn't work.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
ideally always try to buy from an authorised epiphone dealer, although they seem to be few and far between in the UK these days, let alone any of them having decent stock. If you are going to buy from ebay, make sure the person selling can confirm where they bought if from originally and try and get the serial number, you can generally check serial numbers on the manufacturers website or searching google for the guitar dater project.

what was the person selling it for?
I wouldnt say its fake, I mean, who fakes an epiphone, if you're going to try to pass off an LP copy for the real deal, you say its a Gibson. You think its fake just because there stickers on the pickups?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

^^^ alot of people fake an Epiphone because most people think that Epiphone isn't worth faking.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
It could just be the angle of the photo, but it looks like the knobs aren't properly aligned. If you look at the link that eklundh85 posted, there's a section on the positioning of the knobs. To me, the pic you posted looks just like the fake example.
i dunno. its hard to tell cause that pic is angled. from the description, the knobs are parallel to each other, and parralel to the neck. that seems kinda how that its, but again that pic isnt straight on.

and my problem again. somebody find me 1 pick of a brand new les paul custom that is ANYTHING BUT:

BLACK
WHITE (alpine)
SILVERBURST
or
BLACK w/ CHROME PARTS

ive never seen one, and epiphone doesn not make them currently, nor did i think they ever have unless they did years ago. can somebody confirm that these sunburst les customs are fake or real?
I've seen loads of silverburst ones.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Looks more or less real to me. Check out the fake lp thread.

Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
silverburst les paul CUSTOMS? with the gold parts and inlays? i know they make regular epi les pauls with burst finishes. but the les paul custom is a different model.

hell, im pretty sure gibson doesnt even make burst finish custom models (unless you custom ordered one probably)
request a photo of the headstock's serial

Somthing about that binding irritates me.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by ikey_
silverburst les paul CUSTOMS? with the gold parts and inlays? i know they make regular epi les pauls with burst finishes. but the les paul custom is a different model.

hell, im pretty sure gibson doesnt even make burst finish custom models (unless you custom ordered one probably)

They did make custom burts models for a short period of time. Maybe not even a short period, but i know they were made.
I would say fake. I haven't seen any of the recent Epiphone Customs that have a tobacco burst, and if it's an old one, it wouldn't have grovers. Also, there is a front binding and back binding, which i don't think Epiphone does. Unless this is an old one that has had grovers added to it and still has stickers for some reason, I would say it's a fake for sure. That second binding around the back definetly sends up a huge red flag for me. My standard doesn't have it, and i remember the customs were the same. I know they make a Heritage Cherry Sunburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom, but i have never seen a Tobacco burst. Not even the Slash signature has a double binding and it's not a Custom either. Also, Epiphone does make a silverburst Custom

EDIT: turns out it's a vintage sunburst and they DID make one, but it's discontinued, and it had a double binding. Here are some links:

Epiphone.com Les Paul Custom Plus

Pic Showing the Double Binding

I would say it's the real deal then.

Oh, and the Silverburst:

Epiphone Silverburst Custom
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Dec 31, 2009,